Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmbmb
1> The rulebook says if you land on a hex space you give your hex card to the miniature that is clockwise. The player reference cards say to give your hex card to the miniature that is widdershins. Which is it?

2> Rulebook says when emptying the cauldron, to discard the previous essence card in play. It also says to reshuffle if the deck runs out. Do the STARTING ESSENCE CARDS get reshuffled also? Or are they permanently removed?

3> If I have an Inner Circle give me +1 essence of a color and the Outer Circle also gives me +1 of the same color - does that count as gaining 2 Essence of a color for the Black Totem or White Totem artifacts?

4> Should the amount of available essence be lowered depending on player count?

5> The player reference cards say you may wipe an artifact from the offer before purchase and I assume that' the intent. But the rulebook doesn't strictly specify a timing, it just implies you must be on the artifact space and can only do it once per turn. So, just to clarify, its before a purchase only, and I can't buy a card, put the top card from the draw deck into the offer, decide its too strong for my opponents to get, and pay to discard it, right?

6> Just for clarity, the Druid and Fae roles both get their personal hex INSTEAD of the normal hex for their element, not in addition to, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Saxberg
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stevelabny wrote:
1> The rulebook says if you land on a hex space you give your hex card to the miniature that is clockwise. The player reference cards say to give your hex card to the miniature that is widdershins. Which is it?

2> Rulebook says when emptying the cauldron, to discard the previous essence card in play. It also says to reshuffle if the deck runs out. Do the STARTING ESSENCE CARDS get reshuffled also? Or are they permanently removed?

3> If I have an Inner Circle give me +1 essence of a color and the Outer Circle also gives me +1 of the same color - does that count as gaining 2 Essence of a color for the Black Totem or White Totem artifacts?

4> Should the amount of available essence be lowered depending on player count?

5> The player reference cards say you may wipe an artifact from the offer before purchase and I assume that' the intent. But the rulebook doesn't strictly specify a timing, it just implies you must be on the artifact space and can only do it once per turn. So, just to clarify, its before a purchase only, and I can't buy a card, put the top card from the draw deck into the offer, decide its too strong for my opponents to get, and pay to discard it, right?

6> Just for clarity, the Druid and Fae roles both get their personal hex INSTEAD of the normal hex for their element, not in addition to, right?

[Original designer here, but Jason may overrule some of my answers as he developed the game extensively once it was out of my hands.]

1. This was changed between prototype and production copy. I believe Jason wishes the official rule to be widdershins.

2. It is my understanding that they are removed.

3. Sounds good to me!

4. I personally never intended Essence to be a limited commodity. I haven't got my rulebook handy, so perhaps Jason will correct me on this if he made that change.

5. That is outside the spirit of that rule. I would not allow it in a game I was moderating.

6. Correct!

Thanks for playing! Hope you enjoy it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how we played everything, but I always like to clarify stuff after I play especially if there aren't previous rules discussions.

We played a "not as intended, but mostly playable" 2 player game and I can't wait to get this to the table with a full group. It reminds me of a lighter and faster Study in Emerald and I REALLY like how different some of the starting roles are.. I want to see the Druid in action.

I'm also a total sucker for spinny boards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Saxberg
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We actually playtested this a bunch with two players, and I felt it was *almost* what I wanted it to be but not close enough to advertise it as actually being 2-5 players (maybe an expansion some day?). To me, a lot of the fun of the game is the politics, but with two players, you can replace a little bit of that with chess-like maneuvering...

You'll be familiarized with everything already then when you sit down with a larger group, so that's a bonus!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, roomie, how are you doing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.