Subject: Settlement vs Settlement?(PvP) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Moll
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Is PvP(or even Human vs Human) doable or would a large amount of makeshift house rules have to go into this concept? I didn't notice if this was mentioned at all in previous posts
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atomic Robo
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okkvltist wrote:
Is PvP(or even Human vs Human) doable or would a large amount of makeshift house rules have to go into this concept? I didn't notice if this was mentioned at all in previous posts

It's a possible future expansion.

If you wanted to have 4v4 survivor fights you could.

But to me that defeats the point of a cooperative board game about hunting monsters.

So possible, but would either be a 1 off fight or require stupid levels of house rules for what would probably in the end be a 1 off fight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AGN1964 AGN1964
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to look at house rules for small settlements that hunt together competitively.

It's easy to imagine for a two player game, where each player has a settlement. So two survivors from each head out on the hunt, starting on different places in the hunt board. If they join up, they continue to hunt as four. Two results are normal, two are new:
* Two survivors ambush the monster.
* Four survivors ambush the monster.
* The monster ambushes four survivors.
* The monster ambushes two survivors.

In the showdown, the play is semi cooperative. Limited PvP interaction is more about stealing resources than hurting the other team.

Divide the spoils some way:
* Position on the field at the end (who can grab the most and run).
* By who did the most damage (honor in battle).
* PvP interaction (pushing, shoving and stealing).

-------------
There might be settlement raids.
--------------

It seems like there would be less to tweak than all out PvP with no monster on the board and it strikes me as being in keeping with the theme. It seems like a natural two player variant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Teves II
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
"Try to pretend like you understand what's important."
badge
"Crafted with genius, energized with madness."
mbmbmbmbmb
LL6869 wrote:
If you wanted to have 4v4 survivor fights you could.

Ehh, could be a fun one-shot. Or maybe a settlement event about two dueling survivors (there's already a Murder event), or perhaps The King/someone scoops up a bunch of primitive humans and dumps them in an arena, and they have to split 2v2, or free-for-all, the winner(s) earning their freedom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.