Carcassonne: Expansion 4 – The Tower» Forums » Rules

Subject: Placing tower bricks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Klaus Yde
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A question has arisen when we got the tower expansion: Can You place a tower only when You get a tile with a foundation on and then on all placed foundations OR can You always place a tower piece instead of a follower when it is your turn and you get an ordinary tile without a foundation?

Thanks

Klaus Yde

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jessop
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You place a tower piece during your turn, instead of a follower.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gordon
Australia
Adelaide
SA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On any turn you can play a (one) tower piece (instead of a meeple) on any existing foundation (including one just placed) or on any existing tower.
So, it is not necessary to play a foundation tile in the same turn. You can play a tower piece on the same turn as you place a normal (non-foundation) tile.
The tower extension makes the game quite flexible, and viciousdevil
Enjoy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alistair Stafford
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
Go then. There are other worlds than these.
mbmbmbmbmb
JeremiahClayton wrote:
johnrgordon wrote:
On any turn you can play a (one) tower piece (instead of a meeple) on any existing foundation (including one just placed) or on any existing tower.
So, it is not necessary to play a foundation tile in the same turn. You can play a tower piece on the same turn as you place a normal (non-foundation) tile.
The tower extension makes the game quite flexible, and viciousdevil
Enjoy.

Just to clarify.. if there is a meeple on top of the tower.. you cannot build on the tower until the meeple is removed. The meeple can be removed by the Dragon from the Princess and the Dragon expansion.. or by another tower in the Tower expansion.

Can the Meeples on the Towers be removed by other Towers? If so I've been playing this wrong. The rules I have say:

"When a player places a follower on the tower, the tower is completed and may not be futher heightened. This follower remains on the tower until the end of the game. the follower cannot be taken prisoner or taken back by the owning player."

Being eaten thought as said is a different story devil , these two expansion are really nasty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
I dont have the rules in front of me but I think that if there is a larger tower within range of the tower with a meeple you can capture the meeple...

-DK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alistair Stafford
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
Go then. There are other worlds than these.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for that Jeremiah.

It is the Rio Grande old rules that I had. I'll try this new rule. Carcassonne is about to become a whole lot meaner methinks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.