Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Interaction leads to Immersion.
badge
Immersion leads to Fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there anything that stops (alot of) alpha gamery, like treachery/back-stabbing/hidden-traitors and/or simultaneous action selection/hidden information etc. etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you read a card, you aren't allowed to read it out loud. You have to paraphrase.

Other than that, not really.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
Immersion leads to Fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds /in this regard/ a bit like Say Bye to the Villains. Mmmh... sounds like a lot of discussions.

What stops it from being played alone, other than that? (Alone with 2 figures)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think alpha gamer is not a big problem because it is not really a strategy game. It is an experience game. The alpha gamer would have no way of knowing if it ia better to go through the door or talk to the person.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hesy
Germany
Bad Iburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
ionas wrote:
Sounds /in this regard/ a bit like Say Bye to the Villains. Mmmh... sounds like a lot of discussions.

What stops it from being played alone, other than that? (Alone with 2 figures)?

nothing. at least as far as the first scenario goes.
but you´ll have to use 4 characters. with 2 players, everyone play 2.
3 player game doesn´t look that balanced to me.

apart from that, you should play with more people. imho the discussions enhance the experience. without spoiling too much, there are also cards that are harder to paraphrase to the other players. that can be a fun part of the game.

get 3 other people and solve the base scenario in one day. if you really can´t get someone else, better play it alone than never.
btw, before playing, check out the asmodee post about the wrong card in the german version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
Immersion leads to Fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
... "pandemic-issue" - a pass for me, it seems.
If I get to Essen I will still give it a try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Poulpe
France
flag msg tools
publisher
mb
There is no alpha player effect... or let's say we never observed it in our gaming tests. But there are rational reasons why.

1- Nobody knows the scenario,
2- characters are different,and you don't know their powers/abilities before choosing,
3- you only read what your character expériences, so nobody has a full comprehension of what's on the cards.

You need to communicate and exchange informations so having a "leader" issuing orders without knowing all the details will actually be detrimental to the group.

And you never know. Asylum and Marcy Case are fully cooperative but we never say it will always be the case.

Mr Poulpe - Space Cowboys
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ionas wrote:
... "pandemic-issue" - a pass for me, it seems.

Where are you getting that idea from? The responses are actually suggesting quite the opposite!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.