Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rule 5.2.2 says this (the same text appears in both the original and All Aboard Games rules):

Quote:
5.2.2 Laying track and buying tokens is optional, but a corporation that is active must have a running route: A route that connects one of its Rail Yards or Stations to another of its Rail Yards or Stations.

Does purchasing track rights allow a company to meet this requirement, or is a company required to have two of its own tokens placed on the map?

One possibility is that you would check for a route during the run trains step, and thus renting track rights would fulfill the requirement. Another possibility is that you check for a route during the track/token laying step (in which rule 5.2.2 appears), and thus renting track rights which appears in a later step would not fulfill the requirement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten Engelmann
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The hardest part about this game, which I recently got, is that it is so deferent than other 18xx games. Given it is 20 years old, I am kinda surprised there have not been more like it. But then again, putting on 1260 stickers on tokens is not something to be repeated often!

Given that, when push comes to shove, and a rule is unclear, I am going with 1830 then 1870 rules, as they seem to cover most situations.

So I would argue you check during train run, so you can rent another's token for a route of really only one token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.