$30.00
Recommend
19 
 Thumb up
 Hide
42 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Phoenix Assembly rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I put this on the KS comment feed but thought I might put a post here as well since this thing is very difficult to assemble, and even with a proper guide it will be hard. Most is ok just the 30 little hands.

#14 doesn't really fit well so I might have that in the wrong spot, though I did dry fit every piece in every spot before applying any glue and all the other parts fit quite well when I got the right spot/orientation. Definitely dry fit first!

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc80/strewart/Kingdom%20D...
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc80/strewart/Kingdom%20D...
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc80/strewart/Kingdom%20D...
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc80/strewart/Kingdom%20D...
29 
 Thumb up
4.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic!!! Thanks for this!

I may be building the Phoenix just for kicks sooner than I thought!

I'll save the other one for whenever build.kingdomdeath.com goes live (for real).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan McCullough
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I started mine today, and was feeling really good about it until the hands.. super hard, hope the rest aren't like this.

Too bad I already cut out all the hands from the sprues trying to figure it out myself. D:
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
@Nathan, did you get survivor level? If so do you have a second phoenix with the bits still on sprue? I would compare them to figure out the numbers. I actually put down a blank A4 piece of paper and wrote the numbers 1-30 on it, then clipped all the hands out putting them on their correct number on the paper. That way I could dry fit multiple ones as I went.

Glad people find it helpful. Now that it is not 4am I have just uploaded a couple of high res shots with all the hands glued in so you can see orientation as well.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc80/strewart/Kingdom%20D...
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc80/strewart/Kingdom%20D...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Wingate
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
Steve,

I'd done the same thing but hadn't gotten around to posting it yet. I came up with some slightly different placements than you did on the bottom of the left wing. Everything seemed to fit, I'm not sure which is right:

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb70/rwwingate/KDM%20-%20...
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb70/rwwingate/KDM%20-%20...
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb70/rwwingate/KDM%20-%20...
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb70/rwwingate/KDM%20-%20...
5 
 Thumb up
2.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvador Bernadó
Spain
Gavà
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everybody for all the information.
At least being one of the last players to receive the game will have the advantage of knowing how to properly assemble all the miniatures.
I suppose that by the time I receive mine, some guides would have been posted on the KDM site.
If not, I'll shoot images of all the sprues.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Morse
msg tools
Thanks Guys. I got my wings together in about an hour and a half using both of the placement guides. Worked very well with a minimum of frustration.

Realizing the 3 hands on the round peg went into his butt, I'm trying to figure out where the twisty dagger-like piece goes. I had assumed it was some strange phoenix junk that went there, but can't seem to find a surface that mates up to it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Holen
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
Triple9 wrote:
Thanks Guys. I got my wings together in about an hour and a half using both of the placement guides. Worked very well with a minimum of frustration.

Realizing the 3 hands on the round peg went into his butt, I'm trying to figure out where the twisty dagger-like piece goes. I had assumed it was some strange phoenix junk that went there, but can't seem to find a surface that mates up to it.

+1

Set that aside as well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave NP
United States
PRINCETON
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
Twisty dagger type piece might be the "beard" that comes down off the lower beak.

I think I got all but one of the hands on. Doesn't seem to want to fit - probably mixed up with another one. Still, not bad all things considered.
2 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Morse
msg tools
Ubik2000 wrote:
Twisty dagger type piece might be the "beard" that comes down off the lower beak.

I think I got all but one of the hands on. Doesn't seem to want to fit - probably mixed up with another one. Still, not bad all things considered.


Yep. How about that. Looks like there is a mating surface. Somehow never noticed the beard in any of the images and kept just seeing it as the far end of the mustache.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Dibbley
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rwwin wrote:
Steve,

I'd done the same thing but hadn't gotten around to posting it yet. I came up with some slightly different placements than you did on the bottom of the left wing. Everything seemed to fit, I'm not sure which is right:

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb70/rwwingate/KDM%20-%20...
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb70/rwwingate/KDM%20-%20...
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb70/rwwingate/KDM%20-%20...
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb70/rwwingate/KDM%20-%20...


It wasn't until I came to assemble the Phoenix myself that I truly appreciated how much of a pain in the ass it must have been to figure this out. Even with the guide this was a challenge, I doubt I could have done it without this. Thank you.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Teves II
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
"Try to pretend like you understand what's important."
badge
"Crafted with genius, energized with madness."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dwayne_dibbley wrote:
rwwin wrote:
Steve,

I'd done the same thing but hadn't gotten around to posting it yet. I came up with some slightly different placements than you did on the bottom of the left wing. Everything seemed to fit, I'm not sure which is right:

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb70/rwwingate/KDM%20-%20...
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb70/rwwingate/KDM%20-%20...
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb70/rwwingate/KDM%20-%20...
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb70/rwwingate/KDM%20-%20...


It wasn't until I came to assemble the Phoenix myself that I truly appreciated how much of a pain in the ass it must have been to figure this out. Even with the guide this was a challenge, I doubt I could have done it without this. Thank you.


Any chance you (and anyone else) could weigh in on which of the above series of photos seems more correct? I put my phoenix together yesterday but skipped all but the obvious ass-hands. He's together enough that I have something to fight and I figured I'd just wait on the build guide for the details, but if someone could confidently point out which hand/location pairings are definitively correct, I'll likely go with that and not wait until the retail release for Adam to post the guides...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shin Yagami
United States
California
flag msg tools
poeticallybored wrote:
dwayne_dibbley wrote:
rwwin wrote:
Steve,

I'd done the same thing but hadn't gotten around to posting it yet. I came up with some slightly different placements than you did on the bottom of the left wing. Everything seemed to fit, I'm not sure which is right:

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb70/rwwingate/KDM%20-%20...
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb70/rwwingate/KDM%20-%20...
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb70/rwwingate/KDM%20-%20...
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb70/rwwingate/KDM%20-%20...


It wasn't until I came to assemble the Phoenix myself that I truly appreciated how much of a pain in the ass it must have been to figure this out. Even with the guide this was a challenge, I doubt I could have done it without this. Thank you.


Any chance you (and anyone else) could weigh in on which of the above series of photos seems more correct? I put my phoenix together yesterday but skipped all but the obvious ass-hands. He's together enough that I have something to fight and I figured I'd just wait on the build guide for the details, but if someone could confidently point out which hand/location pairings are definitively correct, I'll likely go with that and not wait until the retail release for Adam to post the guides...


Hi Robert, I finished filming the guide yesterday and will have it up tomorrow night; but I can say this guide is at least 97% correct. Only one hand seemed weird tbh.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Wingate
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
My version fits well enough but I won't swear it's the right way to go. The thing is the connection points on some of the wrists is so similar between four or five of the hands that it could go either way.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Farler
Canada
flag msg tools
rwwin wrote:
My version fits well enough but I won't swear it's the right way to go. The thing is the connection points on some of the wrists is so similar between four or five of the hands that it could go either way.


Also if you're using plastic glue like I was even if the fit wasn't quite right they're small enough that it will melt into something that looks correct anyways. But that only happens if the fit was really close to begin with.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Dibbley
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
poeticallybored wrote:

Any chance you (and anyone else) could weigh in on which of the above series of photos seems more correct? I put my phoenix together yesterday but skipped all but the obvious ass-hands. He's together enough that I have something to fight and I figured I'd just wait on the build guide for the details, but if someone could confidently point out which hand/location pairings are definitively correct, I'll likely go with that and not wait until the retail release for Adam to post the guides...


I'm 90% certain Steve's is the right build, (only because he didn't have any difficulty with #14), having the diagram is only half the job because actually getting the hand in the right position even when you know which spot it goes in can be a challenge all of it's own.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
rwwin wrote:
Steve,

I'd done the same thing but hadn't gotten around to posting it yet. I came up with some slightly different placements than you did on the bottom of the left wing. Everything seemed to fit, I'm not sure which is right:

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb70/rwwingate/KDM%20-%20...
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb70/rwwingate/KDM%20-%20...
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb70/rwwingate/KDM%20-%20...
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb70/rwwingate/KDM%20-%20...


Thanks for the comparison. We are mostly the same, will be interesting to see which fits best for people. You are right there are a few that are extremely similar to each other. As long as all pieces fit well I guess you don't need a 'correct' layout. I did notice on your first photo, you are missing a number and have a gap where I put a hand. The one that has 13, 15, 16, I also have 27 marked a bit further around. Did you leave that spot empty or put a different one there? I see you have put 27 elsewhere.

@Dwayne Dibley, you are correct even with a guide this thing is a pain! The amount of times I dropped a hand and had to crawl around on the carpet looking for it, or got my fingers glued to the wings.... Argh!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Dibbley
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
strewart wrote:
rwwin wrote:
Steve,

I'd done the same thing but hadn't gotten around to posting it yet. I came up with some slightly different placements than you did on the bottom of the left wing. Everything seemed to fit, I'm not sure which is right:

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb70/rwwingate/KDM%20-%20...
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb70/rwwingate/KDM%20-%20...
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb70/rwwingate/KDM%20-%20...
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb70/rwwingate/KDM%20-%20...


Thanks for the comparison. We are mostly the same, will be interesting to see which fits best for people. You are right there are a few that are extremely similar to each other. As long as all pieces fit well I guess you don't need a 'correct' layout. I did notice on your first photo, you are missing a number and have a gap where I put a hand. The one that has 13, 15, 16, I also have 27 marked a bit further around. Did you leave that spot empty or put a different one there? I see you have put 27 elsewhere.

@Dwayne Dibley, you are correct even with a guide this thing is a pain! The amount of times I dropped a hand and had to crawl around on the carpet looking for it, or got my fingers glued to the wings.... Argh!


Might just be being paranoid but I didn't mean to sound like I was uggesting your build was "wrong" btw just that I only got the opportunity to try it once (thank god) and it worked out fine. A Herculean effort from both of you to be honest.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike M
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
Shin40k wrote:
Hi Robert, I finished filming the guide yesterday and will have it up tomorrow night; but I can say this guide is at least 97% correct. Only one hand seemed weird tbh.

wtb
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TechRaptor Travis
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This guide is very well done although, now having built 3 phoenix models, I can say that #14 and #27 should have their places switched.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shin Yagami
United States
California
flag msg tools
dirksj wrote:
Shin40k wrote:
Hi Robert, I finished filming the guide yesterday and will have it up tomorrow night; but I can say this guide is at least 97% correct. Only one hand seemed weird tbh.

wtb


The video went on pretty long, so I haven't edited it yet or uploaded it.
There's a guide up in the video section for it so i'm not in a rush to edit at this time
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sid Rain
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
I can't remember from when, but I seem to recall at one point Poots had said that the Phoenix model somehow accidentally fit onto the Lonely Tree model. I didn't mis-remember that did I? As I assemble my Phoenix, I'm thinking about magnetizing the base such that I can attach/detach it to the Lonely Tree, though with that and the rest of wave 3 coming in 3-6 months, that'd be a long time to wait to find out.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Dibbley
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
paddirn wrote:
I can't remember from when, but I seem to recall at one point Poots had said that the Phoenix model somehow accidentally fit onto the Lonely Tree model. I didn't mis-remember that did I? As I assemble my Phoenix, I'm thinking about magnetizing the base such that I can attach/detach it to the Lonely Tree, though with that and the rest of wave 3 coming in 3-6 months, that'd be a long time to wait to find out.


Yeah I remember him saying that too, but I always thought he meant, with the base, (so the tree is basically flat on top).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sid Rain
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb

Found it, from May 10, 2014:

Kingdom Death wrote:
The Lonley Tree

Putting together this tree, is intense! A total of 4 sprues make up it's massive body. Everyone here likes the plastic tree so much, we've decided to extend the lonely tree expansion to include a small ai & hit location deck, so you can fight a rare breed of it! In addition the phoenix actually does rest on top of the tree, so when it lands on it during gameplay you can put him up there. This is more coincdence then design tho, so do it at your own risk!


So it sounds like he can, possibly, maybe, somehow land up there!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Wingate
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
Sounds like something worth saving my spare phoenix model for!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.