Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

Battleships at War: Atlantic» Forums » Rules

Subject: Thoughts on the torpedo rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I got this last week and have yet to play. A little thought on the torpedo rules:

I'm not an expert on this but I think the torpedos in this game are a bit fatal. From what I've read it seems torpedoes of this period (in surface actions anyway) could be avoided if one is willing to disengage. Furthermore, torpedoes are not target-specific weapons, but are fired as a "screen"; neither are their results instataneous, and would allow their targets time to react.

I humbly propose the following change:

1. Players announce their will to fire torpedoes after the end of a fire phase and before the begining of the next movement phase. To fire torpedoes, player lay a 90 degree arc with a 9-inch radius (create a template if you want to), the "point" of the arc begins from the firing ship. The arc may be laid in any direction the player desires.

2. Any ship, friendly or not, that ends within this arc by the end of the next movement phase is subjected to a torpedo attack, resolves as per regular rules. Ships that move away from the "point" of the arc but are still within the arc enjoy a further -1 dice roll modifier. Ships that move outside the arc are exempted from the attack.

Opinions welcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.