Between Two Cities» Forums » General

Subject: It's here! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sir Gomi
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm very happy to say I've just received my Kickstarter Special Edition!

I've just unboxed it partially and the quality of the game is extremely high. The pieces are well made and beautifully painted and the box art looks really special.

Thankyou for the attention to detail, and I am really looking forward to playing this tonight. (though it will be a 2 player session)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve T
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Also received in Aus. Just played 2 x 2 player games & really enjoyed it! Will play more games of it tonight. Agree with Gomisan, quality of game is great, but is no surprise when it comes from Stonemaier Games.

Easy clear rules, quick setup, interesting play. I think this will be hitting the table a lot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sir Gomi
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My fiancé and I played a few games last night. It was nice to have something that could be played pretty quickly (about 20 mins a game) and yet was still challenging strategically.

The balance seems pretty good. Our scores were close, and yet our cities were quite different each time. It's going to be interesting exploring strategies, and I'm sure all that will go out the window when we get a chance to play with more people!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Gabbert
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my shipping notice today and tracking indicates I'll get the game tomorrow. Wow!

Update: Special Edition 3152/5100 looks great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Harlick
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine is due to arrive tomorrow and I'm looking forward to breaking it out on Sunday. I love the quality of Stonemaier Games' products and can't wait to get my hands on this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ezra Nuite
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It showed up here in Seattle on the 30th.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Selwyn Hope
Australia
Cannington
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Received it in Perth, Western Australia today.

#135/5100 of the special edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Duran
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's so close. It's in Fresno at UPS but the tracking shows it won't be delivered til tomorrow. Why must they torture me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elizabeth Nugent

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Received in Seattle yesterday (well, it went to my office yesterday, but it was my day off, so I have it in hand today). So far I am heroically not opening the shrink during work, but have opened the shipping box to confirm its contents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Heroically" is an excellent word to use here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I'm going to call this game Between 10 to 12 Cities by the time it arrives.

Here's the epic journey it's taken so far Journey of Between Two Cities
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, it passed almost right through St. Louis on the way there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
McDonough
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not seen any shipping info for my copy and I'm in Atlanta, GA.......something seems fishy....
EDIT: After reading next post (someone in Seattle without shipping info), I decided to retract my fishy statement.
EDIT: patience young Padawan....shipping info received less than 10m ago!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broadbent
United States
Covington
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ENugent wrote:
Received in Seattle yesterday (well, it went to my office yesterday, but it was my day off, so I have it in hand today). So far I am heroically not opening the shrink during work, but have opened the shipping box to confirm its contents.

I'm so jealous! gulp
I live in Seattle, but haven't gotten my shipping notice. I'm hoping they just forgot to send the email and it'll arrive in time to be played tonight. There is another chance tomorrow, but who wants to wait that long?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Clark Jr
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.
mbmbmbmbmb
longlivesquare wrote:
It's so close. It's in Fresno at UPS but the tracking shows it won't be delivered til tomorrow. Why must they torture me.

Same deal but about an hour south of you in Visalia. It looks like it's through UPS Surepost so there's also the hand off to USPS at some point before it gets dropped off. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des Lee
Australia
Quakers Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it in Sydney on Thursday. Played it on Friday night. Twice. Loved it. Looking forward to playing it more
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike MacMartin
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got it here in Ottawa. Game looks gorgeous, and I'm looking forward to trying it out. I'm hoping my family enjoys it (my mom's favourite games include Castle Panic, Catan, and ... Pandemic. My dad and my brother's favourite games include the 18xx series, AH's Civilization, and ... Castle Panic. We've got fairly eclectic tastes, and I hope this one fits!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Anderson
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My shipping order was placed on Wednesday, but the estimated delivery date is next Saturday. That's longer than I had hoped it would take to get to PA, but it's all good. Maybe it will arrive early!

Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
QC
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Received and played mine yesterday! I love it already, and I think the "expansion" I playtested at Gen Con is even better, so that'll be a treat when it gets to funding My box had #32, #37 and #40 in it - I kept #37 for myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Kodeski
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine is due to arrive Friday! Cannot wait - though, will just have to I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broadbent
United States
Covington
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally got mine today. While I'm sure it isn't so, I feel like I'm the last Seattlite to get my copy; Portland's so close - what took so long!?
Needles to say, we had a dry run tonight with the family; looking forward to playing it again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry yours was in the last batch, Chris!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broadbent
United States
Covington
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eh, someone's had to be last. Might as well be mine. We might've missed a few plays this weekend, but we'll make up for it.
I'll be a little more put out if the same thing happens next August.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc S
United States
Collegeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're not completely last, I should receive my copies today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eisen Montalvo
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clbroad wrote:
Eh, someone's had to be last. Might as well be mine. We might've missed a few plays this weekend, but we'll make up for it.
I'll be a little more put out if the same thing happens next August.

I was the first backer of the game. I think I'm close to being the last to receive the game. Just a little bit of "karma".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.