BoardGameGeek» Forums » Introduction » New User Questions

Subject: Variants on old games (Scrabble) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sandy Mackenzie
Scotland
flag msg tools
Hello everybody

One of my favourite things is coming up with new rulesets for old games, particularly games that might not otherwise be all that interesting... (to me, at any rate).

Me and a gaming friend have come up with a variation on Scrabble that we're very proud of. Some of it's virtues are:

1. It significantly mitigates the "7 consonant" or "7 vowel" problem.
2. It allows for much longer words.
3. It significantly improves the chances of being able to aim for triple and double word scores.
4. There are usually far more options to place your 7 tiles (over and over again in normal Scrabble I find that there's only one thing I can do, round after round...)
5. It's much easier to play (Scrabble can get very dull if you have a couple of rounds of bad tiles) but much harder to play well...

It's sufficiently different from the original Scrabble that it's almost a different game but similar enough that it's quick to pick up. We've tested it on pals and thus far they have enjoyed it immensely.

Is there somewhere on the site where I could post the rules? Would any of the gamers here be willing to try it out and give me some feedback? Some of the rules may need a little tightening up...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sandy, if you go to the Scrabble game page, there are forums specific for that game and there is a section for variants. I think that's the spot for your rules!

Here's the link: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekforum.php3?action=viewforum...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Mackenzie
Scotland
flag msg tools
Thank you! Have done!

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/1263710#1263710

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.