Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Liam Dodsworth
England
malton
north yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey guys just wondering if it's perfectly fine to use newer cards with older quests for example if I was stuck with 'conflict at the carrock'is it fine to use cards from a later adventure pack in my player deck to try and complete it. Or is this classed as cheating?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dumbdoddy wrote:
Hey guys just wondering if it's perfectly fine to use newer cards with older quests for example if I was stuck with 'conflict at the carrock'is it fine to use cards from a later adventure pack in my player deck to try and complete it. Or is this classed as cheating?

Definitely not cheating. Use any weapons you have at your disposal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam Dodsworth
England
malton
north yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It just feels like if I had the packs as they came out I would be expected to do the quests with nothing but the current or previous cards at my disposal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed T
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not really (at least on an individual pack level), but Worry about that when the game gets too easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Trivially brutalizing old content is what power creep is *for*.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Kryzch
United States
La Crosse
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
AS I move through each pack I only use any cards that were made available in the current pack or prior, I look at it as unlocking cards When I finally complete everything I will try make decks using everything available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Piepho
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that the card pool has grown, you are able to do themed decks that were impossible at the time the quests were published, and replay with them, e.g. a Ranger deck to go through the Mirkwood cycle. That makes it a bit more fun imho.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Grrr
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, it's your game and there is nothing in the rules that say you can't. Endless deck building until the end of time. What a bargain in a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Merrill
msg tools
mbmbmb
Defeating a scenario with all cards up to the release date of the scenario is a challenge that some players like to do.

I've never really cared for hampering myself like that. I find successfull deckbuilding for this game challenging enough without adding extra restrictions. It certainly isn't cheating by the rules, and I think most players wouldn't see it as cheating in any fashion. It is an extra challenge if you want to try it, but if you are struggling with a new (to you) scenario, I wouldn't make it extra-difficult to beat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Gardner
United States
West Henrietta
New York
flag msg tools
Bah da da da da da da... da da da da da da da... DAH dah DAH!
badge
Gabriel Knight. Check it out at GOG.Com
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG has already announced that this game won't have a 'rotation' like their other LCGs. I take that as an endorsement of using the whole card pool on all quests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Andersson
Sweden
Rimbo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyuss242 wrote:
AS I move through each pack I only use any cards that were made available in the current pack or prior, I look at it as unlocking cards When I finally complete everything I will try make decks using everything available.

This is how I intend to play (Starting with the SOM cycle soon). Until I start to cry, then I go for better cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Paul
Iceland
Reykjavik
None
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyuss242 wrote:

Yeah, that's what I do too. When I open a new deluxe/saga box, or a new adventure pack, then I "unlock" those cards. Then when I beat the quest/s I move on and unlock more cards.

Then, I often go back and play old quests with all the new cards, which is always fun

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.