GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,524 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Times Square» Forums » Rules

Subject: Handsome Hal attraction rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ting Pong IP
Hong Kong
Lai Chi Kok
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

Can a player deliberately skip a turn by attracting a figure that is already at the same space with the Handsome Hal?

According to the English rule, a player can choose action 1b) to attract a bodyguard or the Sauce Sue to his space. However, if a figure is already at the same space as the Handsome Hal, can a player choose action 1b) by doing nothing?

In my games, I disabllow this act to force game progress.

Thank you.

Cheers,
Star

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stven Carlberg
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never been in a situation where I'd WANT to skip my turn, and it's difficult to imagine one. After all, you can spend your turn trading in cards if you don't have any better options. And even so, I've never spent a turn trading in cards except to make the deck run out so as to end the game. There's always something I want/need to accomplish on the board.

That being said, I agree with you that it doesn't seem in the spirit of this game's rules to allow a non-move. These rules don't even let you play a card unless you can get the full value of the card.

In our games, putting der Blond Hans (Hal) on the same space as Brilli-Lilli or one of her bodyguards is often done defensively: to keep Hans (or Dirty Harry, as my girlfriend likes to call him!) from being able to exercise his power.

Enjoy,
Stven
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.