Game Name:
Scavenge

Designers:
Jason Rodriguez-Hand - Artist, Tester
Dalton Mollatiere - Writer, Tester
Devin Kramer - Publicist, Tester

Overview:
The rules can be read at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tu6ha0b562rt169/Scavenge-Rules-V3....

Suggested Play Time:
1 hour, but can extend further depending on luck.

Components:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t1ogxtq2bmlsxt9/Scavenge-V3.pdf?dl...

Content includes:
1 Sheet of Location Cards (need to print 2 pages)
1 Sheet of Weapons/ Tools Cards (only need this sheet)
1 Sheet of Resource Cards (only need this sheet)
1 Sheet of Boat Cards (only need this sheet)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: WIP - Scavenge (2015 Mint Tin)
Off to a great start Jason, Dalton, and Devin! Some quick questions for you.

1. Is this strictly a 4 player game?
2. By "delineate" do you mean that each player should be given 1 of each of the location cards?
3. Have you considered letting players who have been eliminated back into the game somehow?
4. Can you only attack/steal from a player on the same location as yourself?
5. How do you collect pieces from the boat? From the scavenge cards?
6. Can you trade cards with other players?

Keep up the good work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Abbott
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Hey guys just wanted to say that I think your links are broken. Couldn't access anything. Might just be me, but I'd check that out. Maybe use drive instead of dropbox?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
I generally find dropbox to be better than drive, since I can organize it way better than any organization drive offers me.

In this case, I think the files have been moved, so the links have to be fixed before we can see them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Links are still dead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rodriguez-Hand
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
--------AS OF NOW--------
The links have been fixed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rodriguez-Hand
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Thank you for taking the time to write the feedback.

1. In testing, it is only 4 player game. As we test it more, we will be able to identify any adjustments that may come to effect if we do consider having extra players.

2. Yes.

3. We don't have that feature at the moment, but we will consider adding it in the future.

4. Yes.

5. The boat cards, the weapon cards, and the resource cards are all part of the scavenge deck.

6. It was in our earliest build, but we took it out. We may add it back in if we feel it is necessary, but at the moment it is not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Some questions:

1) Have you thought about adding tokens to track health, food, water, and energy, instead of having the players write it down? Or having some other sort of tracker, to make it easier at a glance to tell what each player has (I know some people with truly atrocious handwriting!)

2) Could you explain the advantage of every going to the Craggy Path? It seems like no one would ever choose to go there, even to get away from the possibility of a fight, because it removes HP, and HP is not that easy to regain.

I'd almost change the Craggy Path to be -2 Energy to go to the Craggy Path (thematically because it is harder to travel along) so that by resting two turns you can regain the energy you spent - and it would allow for retreat from the more popular options (though it wouldn't be so terrible that no one would go there.)

3) You say it is a 4 player game - does this mean exactly 4 players, or can it handle having less than four players, like 2 or 3?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rodriguez-Hand
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
To adularia25:

1. In testing, we have been writing in a separate sheet, but we did consider having a paper to track our stats.

2. Originally, going to the Craggy Path was to lose 1hp instead of 2hp from a player with a weapon that has the advantage over yours. However, we got rid of the Craggy Path, so there are 4 areas to choose from now.

3. So far it has to be 4 players, but we are still in the testing process. It will most likely change.

Thank you for your feedback / questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Ham
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This comment is regarding the version we playtested yesterday (which I suspect is different then the one you currently posted on BGG.

Right now you have players paying the resource cost (1 food, 1 water) at the end of the round. I think moving that to the beginning of the round will solve a couple of (minor) problems.

First, depleting the resource at the beginning of the round would allow players to start the game with maximum resources and still have gathering resources be a meaningful action in the first round of the game (because the 10 food & water would drop to 9 prior to taking their first action).

Second, the depletion happening at the end of the round means that players cannot ever regain maximum resources. When a player's action for the turn raises the resources to 10, it only stays there momentarily--right before the round ends, it drops down to 9 resources. Moving the resource expenditure from the end of round to the start of a round doesn't really change anything, but (for this player at least), it feels more correct conceptually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jason,

Just thought you should know that the Geeklist links are broken (https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/193411/2015-mint-tin-desi...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rodriguez-Hand
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
The final game has been submitted as of now (version 3). Thank you all for taking the time to provide feedback to us! We wish luck to all of the participants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.