The Hotness
Games|People|Company
The Hotness has gone cold...
Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

World of Warcraft: The Boardgame – Shadow of War» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question on a destiny card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mikael Jonasson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
Question on a destiny card that was played last game session:

Can't remember the name of the card, but the effect was to hunt blue creatures.

The text on the card said (something to this effect):
When a character defeats a blue creature he or she may place a character token on this card, when this card expires which ever faction has the most tokens on this card wins.

My question (or rather the question we asked our selves during play) is:

If two or more characters work together to defeat the blue creature, do they place one token, or one token each?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Smith
United States
Studio City
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd vote for a single token, as the aim of the destiny card is to kill blues and reward the faction. If the rewards were specific to the *character* with the most tokens then I'd say everyone who participated places a token.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikael Jonasson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
MrSkeletor wrote:

Yes, but having 2 guys attack a blue is wasting 2 actions, so it balances out.


True, but on the same time two characters working together on one blue would get the same number of token as two characters killing one blue each, which doesn't sound right, as the former is much easier.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eli Smith
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As I remember when two characters fight a blue crature (or fight a creature for a quest) one spends thier action to have the combat action while the other spends thier action to assist, therefore only the player using thier action for the intial attack would get to place thier character token on the Destiny card.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
thesama wrote:
As I remember when two characters fight a blue crature (or fight a creature for a quest) one spends thier action to have the combat action while the other spends thier action to assist, therefore only the player using thier action for the intial attack would get to place thier character token on the Destiny card.


There is no "assist" action...both are challenging the blue creature. Both should get credit.

-MMM
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Smith
United States
Studio City
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
guyincorporated wrote:
I'd vote for a single token, as the aim of the destiny card is to kill blues and reward the faction. If the rewards were specific to the *character* with the most tokens then I'd say everyone who participated places a token.


It's funny, I can't believe I posted this. For a long time now I've been a proponent of following the literal interpretation of a card and not "reading into" anything (and ppl that try drive me crazy in my games). I don't know why I didn't follow my own rules this time around.

Both players put down tokens. That's the most explicit reading of the card.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
guyincorporated wrote:
guyincorporated wrote:
I'd vote for a single token, as the aim of the destiny card is to kill blues and reward the faction. If the rewards were specific to the *character* with the most tokens then I'd say everyone who participated places a token.


It's funny, I can't believe I posted this. For a long time now I've been a proponent of following the literal interpretation of a card and not "reading into" anything (and ppl that try drive me crazy in my games). I don't know why I didn't follow my own rules this time around.

Both players put down tokens. That's the most explicit reading of the card.


if a group of player defeated a monster they get divided gold and xp for their effort.. i think for this one, if let say 2 people defeated the monster then they each put HALF of their token on the destiny card..
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.