Subject: Any good Enterprise-D Fleets? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Elliot Baker
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk, England
flag msg tools
Hey all! I just recently repainted my Enterprise-D and want to show it off at the next group night, however I am having trouble thinking of a decent build for the D that will keep it around given its 1 defense dice.

Anyone have any interesting ideas for the D?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
Ent-d
Sisko6
Admiral Forrest
Sakonna
3xAntimatter Mines
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One defense is pretty typical of Federation ships. I wouldn't let that discourage you from taking it. It is not the best, but far from the worst ship they have. There are several playable build options for the Enterprise-D (not so much for the generic galaxy class though). The big thing is that you bed upgrades that will increase its limited and sluggish maneuverability. One you have that, there are lots of upgrade card combos available top the Federation to tailor the ship to your play style.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Percival
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The Enterprise-D is best at making use of its fast manuevers to get out of their arc but keep within range to use the 360 attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Typheron Joyzxqk
United Kingdom
Bathgate
Scotland
flag msg tools
Ordo Xenos | T.I.U.F.
badge
Set Phasers tae Malkey!
mbmbmbmbmb
I ran this recently at the local Q-OP #3, ok I placed 8th overall out of 10, but that had more to do with my inability to roll hits or crits even with Battlestations and Target Locks than the list itself.

List Name: All Good Things

Resource: Fleet Captain Independent (Fed) (5)

U.S.S Enterprise-D (28)
Jean-Luc Picard (6)
Adm. Maxwell Forrest (3)
Ilia (4)
Ship SP: 41

Galaxy Class (26)
Mr. Spock (4)
Miles O'Brien (2)
Dorsal Phaser Array (5)
Ship SP: 37

USS Enterprise-D (28)
William T. Riker (4)
FleetCaptain (0)
Strafing Run (0)
Elim Garak (3)
Julian Bashir (2)

Total Build SP: 120

Generated by STAW Builder
http://www.dracossoftware.com/STAWHome.html

For bonus points, here's the 3 ships I ran:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry DeStefano
United States
Bloomingburg
New York
flag msg tools
Typheron wrote:
I ran this recently at the local Q-OP #3, ok I placed 8th overall out of 10, but that had more to do with my inability to roll hits or crits even with Battlestations and Target Locks than the list itself.

List Name: All Good Things

Resource: Fleet Captain Independent (Fed) (5)

U.S.S Enterprise-D (28)
Jean-Luc Picard (6)
Adm. Maxwell Forrest (3)
Ilia (4)
Ship SP: 41

Galaxy Class (26)
Mr. Spock (4)
Miles O'Brien (2)
Dorsal Phaser Array (5)

USS Enterprise-D (28)
William T. Riker (4)
FleetCaptain (0)
Strafing Run (0)
Elim Garak (3)
Julian Bashir (2)

Total Build SP: 120

Generated by STAW Builder
http://www.dracossoftware.com/STAWHome.html

For bonus points, here's the 3 ships I ran:

How could you have 2 enterprise D's in the same list aren't they unique?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Typheron Joyzxqk
United Kingdom
Bathgate
Scotland
flag msg tools
Ordo Xenos | T.I.U.F.
badge
Set Phasers tae Malkey!
mbmbmbmbmb
One is a mirror faction version that comes with assimilation target prime. Mirror stuff can be used worth prime universe stuff, their icon is inverted and it's covered on their faction cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine was not dissimilar

U.S.S. Enterprise-D [Starter] (28)
Jean-Luc Picard [Starter] (6)
Fleet Captain: Independent (Federation) [Fleet Captain Resource] (5)
Engage [Starter] (0)
Montgomery Scott [U.S.S. Enterprise] (5)
Tactical Station [U.S.S. Stargazer] (4)
Total (48)

Galaxy Class [Starter] (26)
Mr. Spock [U.S.S. Enterprise (Refit)] (4)
Adm Maxwell Forrest [Enterprise NX-01] (3)
Dmitri Valtane [U.S.S. Excelsior] (3)
Dorsal Phaser Array [U.S.S. Enterprise-E] (5)
Total (41)

U.S.S. Enterprise-D [Assimilation Target Prime] (28)
William T. Riker [Assimilation Target Prime] (4)
Brunt [Regent's Flagship] (1)
Dorsal Weapons Array [Prakesh] (2)
Total (35)

Fleet total: 124

Generated by Space Dock for iOS
http://spacedockapp.org

This isn't an OP build though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
The big thing seems to be to take advantage of the 360 by adding extra maneuver cards.

A local launch day favorite was:
Ent-D
Picard9
Engage
Montgommery Scott

You would either use engage to get out of arcs or scotty to pump attack dice. Engage is largely obsolete thanks to fleet captain or Forrest, but was still useful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Church14 wrote:
The big thing seems to be to take advantage of the 360 by adding extra maneuver cards.

A local launch day favorite was:
Ent-D
Picard9
Engage
Montgommery Scott

You would either use engage to get out of arcs or scotty to pump attack dice. Engage is largely obsolete thanks to fleet captain or Forrest, but was still useful.

Or Admiral Q. And Rikers's Enterprise D works as part of the "Galaxy Wing" because it has an especially powerful blast (5 plus 1 for a shield) even though it doesn't have access to the Dorsal Phaser Array (drat it). I like Riker in command here.

4 Dice on the other two Galaxies isn't great but with Picard and Spock you can get the actions to make those 4 dice much higher in quality and that can hurt. If you're up against a cloaker, Dimitri Valtane is invaluable because he gives you the next best thing to a target lock while taking a scan which has it's own benefit against cloakers.

Another more defensive option is Captain DeSoto who won't give you the offense but does give you (or can) a ridiculous defense, say in concert with Hood Riker, Tom Paris, and Elizabeth Shelby -- 5 defense dice with 1 BS conversion and 1 blank reroll!. Or put those defensive guys distributed through your Galaxy wing to give each ship a little boost in defense. In non OP play, the Federation flagship gives other ships a reroll of their defense dice. With even 2 evade dice, rerolling both can be pretty sweet.

Don't forget System Upgrade on the Fed ships too. It gets you a tech slot AND an extra shield for 2 points. As others have said, the Indy Fed fleet captain is VERY nice for Galaxy class ships to help them turn and Forrest is almost as good but it costs you an action. And Tactical Station gives you a horrible alpha strike -- 6 dice on the 4 dicers but with the quality you have on those ships that will end up being 5 or 6 hits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.