Subject: Terrain and starting positons rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Boehm
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've been putting a lot of thought into terrain and starting positions. Caveat: so far I've only been fighting the Lions.

Here's what I'm thinking. Set up the starting survivors in an "L" shape. 2 behind, 2 to the lion's left or right side; one of those two will be the Tank, with max armor / evade bonuses / etc slightly in front of the lion. Set up a Tall Grass where the tank is for more tankiness.

I've found this works pretty well up until the lion starts Grabbing the tank and dragging him all the hell over the board. Then my other 3 survivors are in a footrace to distract the lion from his new toy.

There is no terrain that stops a monster's movement, right? Just blocks their line of sight?

I have a survivor with Strategist (place a fallen pillar or giant stone face) and I've been experimenting with that. I have a Kingspear so I've been experimenting with positioning a fallen pillar and having the spearman stab the lion across the pillar. When it works, it works, but it's tricky. When I get some ranged weapons I'll start using the Giant Stone Face and see if that makes my archers that much better.

Any other terrain / survivor placement suggestions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Bless the Maker and His water... Bless the coming and going of Him... May His passage cleanse the world...
mbmbmbmbmb
I botched my first Monster Carcass… I didn't realize it had a search chance like Acanthus plants… Fail.

Oh well, played with one of my best buddy's, so it was still a killer sesh.

Forgot to add:
I usually just plop things down semi-randomly and go from there… whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Quarmby
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Everytime I try to get smart with terrain my plans go out the window via the IA card.
Mind you, starting survivors in long grass is a great booster - I just had the Lion attack on turn one and miss twice (roll of 2 and 3), then on turn 2 miss again (roll of 1 and 3). Never before has my bad rolling so worked in my favour
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.