Subject: my first custom X-Wing dedicated game table rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kelly Wilkins
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
so, as you all know from my previous thread, I kind of got hooked on X-Wing and spent a stupid amount of money getting every ship, and multiples of them so I can create any game scenario. So today, I decided that I wanted to take my game to the next level and made my own dedicated X-Wing gaming table. a few scraps of wood, some felt fabric and some star wars themed fabric and this is what I came up with. I am still working on the actual space scene for the table, so forgive the lack of skill on it. I'll finish that tomorrow.
Yes, I smoke Cigars, so yes that's my ashtray. There are cup holders for my beer. This has Red velvet, Green Velvet, Black velvet, and 2 different star wars themed fabrics.

It's simple. It's my first one so I am sure there are flaws y'all are going to pick apart, but it is bad ass for me and my needs. Oh, and it is collapsable for easy storage. One of the pics are it folded up and stored behind the couch. On the right hand side, it has a cup holder for each player, a space for tokens for each player and a space for rolling dice.

****Edited to Add*****
So I was asked for specifics on what I used.
I used a standard 4'x 8' piece of Sande Plywood from Home Depot for $19.92 (http://www.homedepot.com/p/Unbranded-Sande-Plywood-Common-1-...)
I chose this wood because it was heavier and it was finished. I didn't want to have to sand the wood down, so the smooth wood finish really helped.

The table I used was from Wal-Mart. The website has it listed for almost $40, but in store it was less than $20. (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Cosco-34-Square-Folding-Table-Blac...)

the fabric I got from Walmart as well for like... I dunno, $4 or $5 a yd?

I'll add some more pictures tomorrow that are of better quality that shows more detail on the paint job and folding table. I had a lot of fun building this one, and I learned some basic lessons on what not to do, so my next table will be far better now that I know what to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren
Canada
Calgary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the updated details!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.