Subject: CAD: Comic Strip rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacob Søgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to share the comic from Ctrl-Alt-Del: http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20150928/

I guess it's a compliment...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B^U's still around? And still desperately clawing for anything that might make him relevant?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Quarmby
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Is it meant to be funny? Maybe it's a cultural thing but - to me it doesn't even make sense. Ah well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Wanders
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Chubby wrote:
Just wanted to share the comic from Ctrl-Alt-Del: http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20150928/

I guess it's a compliment...

Yup, I suppose that is meant to express enthusiasm... But it certainly doesn't look like it does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Søgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Myrmeleo wrote:
B^U's still around? And still desperately clawing for anything that might make him relevant?

Is that the author? I must admit I don't know him that well, I just enjoy his comic, which I find fun from time to time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chubby wrote:
Myrmeleo wrote:

Is that the author? I must admit I don't know him that well, I just enjoy his comic, which I find fun from time to time.

The author is Tim Buckley, but people call him B^U because it looks like the face he draws (or used to draw) on every character.

Just an fyi, he and his comic are considered basically some of the worst things on the internet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to enjoy CAD back when it was about Ethan and his gang. Stopped reading when it wasn't any more; did Ethan come back?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No, Ethan and the gang left after the video games robot made a robot army and Ethan came back from the future and killed himself and somehow this was a good ending?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
scott Murray
Australia
Ridgewood
West Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Myrmeleo wrote:

Just an fyi, he and his comic are considered basically some of the worst things on the internet.

By generally one group of people.

Let me guess. Are u a penny arcade fan?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Søgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Myrmeleo wrote:

Haha, ok. Don't know why I should care, since I personally enjoy them. Really liked the ones he did on pen & paper RPG a while back.

His story with Ethan and the rest of the old characters was getting a bit repetitive/predictive, so I don't mind that he changed it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Derrick
United States
Franklin
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Myrmeleo wrote:

I don't have a dog in this fight, I'm not a big CAD fan at all, but back in June he raised $665,725 on KS for deluxe hardback editions of the comic. That kind of success doesn't really jive with "worst things on the internet."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kiyoshi
United States
California
flag msg tools
Critical hit on White Lion ding dong. Gain Fuzzy Groin resource. Fuzzy Groin flies off White Lion with such velocity it hits your survivor in the head. Suffer one Brain Damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
khorgor wrote:

By generally one group of people.

Let me guess. Are u a penny arcade fan?

Not in the slightest, no. The only good 'gaming' webcomic is Awkward Zombie, and I think Cucumber Quest might count? If you squint.

No, I just think he's a bad artist and writer who swindles people's money, steals other artist's work, treats his fans like garbage, and is just generally a reprehensible person.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Søgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The author of the comic now did a long post about a playthrough. And a strip more for those interested (at the top of the page).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.