Hide
12 Posts

Millennium Blades» Forums » General

Subject: Pledging & Reduced Cost rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Morin
msg tools
Greetings friends! I'm a Canadian who want this game really, really badly. The problem with the pledging is that right now it would be "140 coins" (100 for the game + expansion, 40 for shipping), which would be 140 Canadian bucks - and as some of you know, the exchange rate has not been kind to us Canadians lately.

I was wondering if anyone here knows of a way how to reduce the cost of pledging for just the game, or if there was a way of getting just the game and the expansion.

Or should I just wait for retail (assuming that Canada gets retail copies). (It would be nice to confirm that Canada will get retail versions of this).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Either split the cost of multiple copies between friends to save on postage, or wait for local retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Q You
Canada
MISSISSAUGA
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
just pledge for the 5$ + shipping to get all those sponsor/promo cards
and buy the game in store when it hits canadian shelf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morin
msg tools
exqcme wrote:
just pledge for the 5$ + shipping to get all those sponsor/promo cards
and buy the game in store when it hits canadian shelf.

I'm not seeing an option to do this on the Battlecon website. It's forcing me to select one of the main pledge items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe that was only for KS backers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morin
msg tools
BlackSheep wrote:

Unsure, maybe?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Clausing
United States
Winfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OutrageousBPLUS wrote:
BlackSheep wrote:

Unsure, maybe?

Correct... The promo option went away once the Kickstarter ended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Pace
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The best place for us Canucks to purchase the new "hotness" of games is at 401games.ca I am actually lucky enough to live 45 mins outside Toronto so I am able to frequent the brick and mortar store occasionally, but honestly they always get games upon release date and their prices are by far the cheapest I've been able to find on the Internet. Plus, if you spend over $200 they add free shipping - with Millennium Blades you're probably going to be at $80-$90 already and it's releasing in January so save some Xmas money and you're set. The only way you'll find it any cheaper is if you have saved up loyalty points at another online store that you're willing to cash in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Honeycutt
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Richard, thanks for your interest in Millennium Blades! You should most certainly be able to get MB in Canada once it's available (early next year).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morin
msg tools
Uhdrill wrote:
The best place for us Canucks to purchase the new "hotness" of games is at 401games.ca I am actually lucky enough to live 45 mins outside Toronto so I am able to frequent the brick and mortar store occasionally, but honestly they always get games upon release date and their prices are by far the cheapest I've been able to find on the Internet. Plus, if you spend over $200 they add free shipping - with Millennium Blades you're probably going to be at $80-$90 already and it's releasing in January so save some Xmas money and you're set. The only way you'll find it any cheaper is if you have saved up loyalty points at another online store that you're willing to cash in.

I use 401games all the time, they're exceptional with great prices. Reasonable shipping to the National Capital Region as well!

I was really hoping to get those promo cards, but I can't justify spending 130 US for just the base set and the promos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
For promos of our own characters (those we own rights to sell) we offer them in our store for cash, just in case you can't find them elsewhere.

For those we can't sell, we offer them for reward points (you get 1 point per $1 spent on other things).

So those extra promos should be available one way or another through our store once the game comes out, have no fear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morin
msg tools
Kyokai wrote:
For promos of our own characters (those we own rights to sell) we offer them in our store for cash, just in case you can't find them elsewhere.

For those we can't sell, we offer them for reward points (you get 1 point per $1 spent on other things).

So those extra promos should be available one way or another through our store once the game comes out, have no fear.

Awesome, thank you! There's no way I can afford to pre-order now, so this is very comforting that I can purchase these later!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.