10 Posts

Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » General

Subject: Sorting Squirmish command cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Juice Juice

Wisconsin
msg tools
Question for the squirmish players out there. I have sorted everything in the core set and in doing so, I have grouped all command cards in the same batch/bag. Now when we went to play a squirmish over the weekend, the rebel player and i had to sort through these to find which goes to which players. (Does that make sense). What is the best way to sort these? I am planning on buying a few ally packs to use in squirmish and i see each come with a few commands cards. I assume these are specific to these heroes. What do you all do to make it easier to pick cards for rebels and imperial squirmish squads?

Thanks for the advice. This community has been great
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards are so squirmy that it is indeed not that easy to keep them in place. whistle

I sorted them into two: the character-specific and the rest, in cost order (and alphabetically within each cost).

(Skirmish)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason McMahon
United States
Circle Pines
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This has been tricky for me. I started out sorting them by cost and then alphabetical, but I have since moved to straight up alphabetical regardless of cost. The reason being is I usually build my deck using this website:

http://ia-armies.com/

Since I use the website to build the deck it is a lot easier to find the cards once the list has been built if they are in alphabetical order. If I looked at the physical copies of the cards and didn't use the website then I would probably have kept them sorted by cost and then alphabetically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aneurin Kennerley
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The easiest way I found was in 4 separate cost piles/bags...

When picking a team I look through the 'cost 3' pile/bag for any character cards that are relevant or any powerful cards I need/want... if I take one I know I need 2 from the 'cost 0' bag to offset it.

Then I hit the 'cost 2' bag and repeat as above - knowing for each I pick I need 1 from the 'cost 0' bag.

Then I count how many cards I have - and top this up to 15 from the 'cost 1' bag...

simple.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juice Juice

Wisconsin
msg tools
Good ideas. I will split them up by point cost.

Another follow up to this- so lets say an Ally pack comes with 6 command cards. Are all 6 associated to this hero? Or is there maybe 1 or 2 specific to them and the rest for the rebels? Or can they be used by imperials also? (Ordering my first ally/villain packs this week, so unsure)

And this is for casual play at home.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
There is one character-specific in each unique-villain/ally pack, the rest are either generic or trait-specific.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
juice2142 wrote:
Question for the squirmish players out there. I have sorted everything in the core set and in doing so, I have grouped all command cards in the same batch/bag. Now when we went to play a squirmish over the weekend, the rebel player and i had to sort through these to find which goes to which players. (Does that make sense). What is the best way to sort these? I am planning on buying a few ally packs to use in squirmish and i see each come with a few commands cards. I assume these are specific to these heroes. What do you all do to make it easier to pick cards for rebels and imperial squirmish squads?

Thanks for the advice. This community has been great

I don't know about you, but all this squirmish talk is making me squeamish. gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use a tuck box. I have the character specifics on the back, the 0 point cards in front and then the others sorted by keywords, ie, general cards first, then trooper, then guardian, then guardian or brawler, then brawler etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nolan Cluff

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use a Rebel Bag, an Imperial Bag, and a Neutral bag, since I only have one core.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juice Juice

Wisconsin
msg tools
Appreciate it everyone. I think a combination of all the above will work best. I have really small bags i am keeping cards in, so i think sorting by character, then team should be good enough.

This will make the next Skirmish easier!! (Yes, yes, i know now. Squirmish is incorrect and i cannot find how to edit heading! )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.