Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goo I don't have my game yet, and didn't back the KS, so I'll get the retail version and whatever expansions are available. While most of the exclusives are just "chrome" (aka "bling"; being 3D mini versions of counters provided), it seems that the four additional monsters are what I'll miss. And I would like it if they eventually released them, although you may have a different philosophy on that.

However, since we know what they will do in the game, it seems to me that all you'd have to do is provide proxy figures and cards, and then flip a coin or roll a D6 when you draft a monster's card. At the end of the drafting for that age (so no one knows what you picked during the draft), in player order you just make a random determination: Heads/Evens you get that monster's card you chose, Tails/Odds you put it out of the game, and take a random proxy monster's card and figure. Hey, its always tricky enlisting a monster!

Problem solved, from a playing point of view?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Scottdale
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely a good alternative was to get the same play experience. Those who like to collect/have the "right bits" might not like it, but I think it's a good idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Thomas
United States
Palmyra
Virginia
flag msg tools
Check out our journey at http://colinbethanyadopt.wordpress.com
badge
"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination." - The First Ideal of the Lightweavers (The Stormlight Archive)
mbmbmbmbmb
chas59 wrote:
goo I don't have my game yet, and didn't back the KS, so I'll get the retail version and whatever expansions are available. While most of the exclusives are just "chrome" (aka "bling"; being 3D mini versions of counters provided), it seems that the four additional monsters are what I'll miss. And I would like it if they eventually released them, although you may have a different philosophy on that.

However, since we know what they will do in the game, it seems to me that all one has to do is provide proxy figures, and then roll the D6 or flip a coin when you pull a monster's card. Heads/evens you get that monster's card, Tails/odds you put it out of the game, and take the proxy card and figure. Problem solved?

Sounds like a solid plan. However, an even 50/50 may not be the best. Maybe more like, if you roll a 5 or 6: you will usually keep the monster you drew but will get another monster 1/3 of the time.

Another option is to just agree at the beginning of the game that Monster X is actually Monster Y for this game and use the proxy figure and card if X is drawn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or just sleeve the cards and shuffle in homemade versions. The cards for the exclusive monsters are all in the image gallery
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Tarnop wrote:
Or just sleeve the cards and shuffle in homemade versions. The cards for the exclusive monsters are all in the image gallery

This is what I would do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M D E
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tarnop wrote:

Either that, or if you don't have easy access to a decent printer, sleeve the cards and add a little piece of paper over the card (inside the sleeve) with the rules.

This is also a good way to play test things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Girn
msg tools
I see (569 x 317) images of KS cards in the image gallery, anyone got high res ones

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.