Popular Tags: [View All]
Øivind Karlsrud
Norway
Bjørkelangen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. When a squad suffers casualty reduction it must still take the morale check, right? It says 'other squads' in the rules, but then it also says 'any just-reduced HS'.

2. If the squad which suffers casualty reduction was already broken, then fails the morale check, is it then casualty reduced again, i.e. eliminated?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey D Myers
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
"Always rely upon a happy mind alone." Geshe Chekhawa.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct on both!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
That is correct - the half-squad is technically a different unit and needs to undergo the morale check. The difference is in SMC's. An SMC who undergoes CR and wounds is not a "different unit" and doesn't need to take the MC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nadir Elfarra
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Don't make me throw this thing!
mbmbmbmbmb
oivind22 wrote:
1. When a squad suffers casualty reduction it must still take the morale check, right? It says 'other squads' in the rules, but then it also says 'any just-reduced HS'.

2. If the squad which suffers casualty reduction was already broken, then fails the morale check, is it then casualty reduced again, i.e. eliminated?

Correct.

Situation 1 - unbroken squad suffers a k/2. It is immediately reduced to an unbroken half-squad, and that half-squad takes a 2MC. If that half-squad breaks, it remains on-board under a DM counter.

Situation 2 - broken squad suffers a k/2. It is immediately reduced to a broken half-squad, and that half-squad takes a 2MC. If that half-squad breaks, it is removed from the map (breaking twice = eliminated).

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Øivind Karlsrud
Norway
Bjørkelangen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone, for the extremely quick answers. 3 answers within 3 minutes of my post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Stewart
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
It's sooo Hot out here...
mbmbmbmbmb
oivind22 wrote:

Depends on the application of the CR.

IFT vs other type of CR.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.