Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Staples
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the DPG facebook page

"We will at Essen next week! Find us here => Hall 2, booth 2-D142
Program: Heroes of Normandie, Shadows over Normandie, Kharnage, Age of Tower, Heroes of Normandie the Card Game."

I am intrigued. Tell me more!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitri Hendrix
Netherlands
Geleen
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't see that coming, but I will check it out next week and let you know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K AM
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

Hmmm, interesting. Please let us know what you see at Essen.

KAM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Liljequist
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would love to see some video of that...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helmut Apel
Germany
Darmstadt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just came back from Essen today. Of course i visited the DPG-Booth. Clem was just cutting printed sheets of the prototype of HoN-Card Game and he took his time to give me a little example of the gameplay.

I liked it, nice little Game, similar artwork and symbols like the HoN-Boardgame, but different gameplay. You have a lot of single square tiles with different terrain from which you create a dynamic "Board". Then you draw a couple of square tiles of the same size which give you units and stategies. You have three orders (in our example) and with that you can choose actions from a list of - uhm - five or six actions like activate, getting bonus (reroll, +1 and so on), then you can move, attack and whatnot.

Only got a short impression but looks promising, if you like HoN you should give it a try. Clem told me artwork is done, at the moment they do design the missions and release is planned for February 2016
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Clevenger
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. Many thanks for the report.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance of pictures of the prototype? I am enjoying the PC version of HoN but I've been wanting to get the physical board game. The idea of a card game sounds neat and might be a better fit for my group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Staples
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TylerDax wrote:
Just came back from Essen today. Of course i visited the DPG-Booth. Clem was just cutting printed sheets of the prototype of HoN-Card Game and he took his time to give me a little example of the gameplay.

I liked it, nice little Game, similar artwork and symbols like the HoN-Boardgame, but different gameplay. You have a lot of single square tiles with different terrain from which you create a dynamic "Board". Then you draw a couple of square tiles of the same size which give you units and stategies. You have three orders (in our example) and with that you can choose actions from a list of - uhm - five or six actions like activate, getting bonus (reroll, +1 and so on), then you can move, attack and whatnot.

Only got a short impression but looks promising, if you like HoN you should give it a try. Clem told me artwork is done, at the moment they do design the missions and release is planned for February 2016

Thanks for the update! Sounds pretty interesting and it's added to my list of things to acquire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitri Hendrix
Netherlands
Geleen
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also went to the DPG booth and saw Clem demoing the card game against the creator of the HoN digital game. While they where playing Clem explained the game to me and als confirmed the february release date.
To me it looked very interesting, you are playing at a much larger scale, moving whole platoons instead of squads; terrain had also interesting mechanics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.