Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Frail Darts and Interchangable Armor/Weapons rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bern Trov
msg tools
Hi all,

Two unrelated questions/comments:

1) Are darts unlimited ammo? If so, if you hit a super dense spot when throwing a frail dart, how is it that the darts in your hand/gear explode after the attack as well? Something along the lines of after you realize how ineffective the dart you threw was, you accidentally crush the darts in your moment of shock and fear?

2) Assuming I use magnets, are the miniature parts interchangable between armor sets, or only within armor set? In other words, would I be able to stick an arm from the leather set onto a survivor body from the bone set?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Volt65 wrote:
1) Are darts unlimited ammo? If so, if you hit a super dense spot when throwing a frail dart, how is it that the darts in your hand/gear explode after the attack as well? Something along the lines of after you realize how ineffective the dart you threw was, you accidentally crush the darts in your moment of shock and fear?

Yes, unlimited ammo. Sorry, no idea about the frail.

Volt65 wrote:
2) Assuming I use magnets, are the miniature parts interchangable between armor sets, or only within armor set? In other words, would I be able to stick an arm from the leather set onto a survivor body from the bone set?

They're all interchangeable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
Entice wrote:
Volt65 wrote:

Think about it thematically however you want, but it doesn't matter. It has the frail keyword, so if it hits a super-dense hit location, you archive the card. That's just how it goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Reid
msg tools
mbmbmb
Think of it like it is a limited amount, and when you hit a super dense location, thats you running out of them, so you have to go back and craft more. Or if you brought some backups in your gear grid, you can start using those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Bless the Maker and His water... Bless the coming and going of Him... May His passage cleanse the world...
mbmbmbmbmb
Elyklord wrote:
Entice wrote:
Volt65 wrote:

Think about it thematically however you want, but it doesn't matter. It has the frail keyword, so if it hits a super-dense hit location, you archive the card. That's just how it goes.

Also, keep in mind, it archives AFTER you roll to wound. It doesn't just a'splode and do nothing at all (unless your dice are turds).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Veline
msg tools
The consensus seems to be that even using very small magnets, the drilling is tedious and awkward enough that magnetization probably isn't a great option for these mini's. At least, I have yet to see anyone successfully do it and post about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've done some magnetizing in Warhammer 40k and Dropzone Commander, and dude, have you looked at how tiny some of these parts are? I think I'd be more likely to ruin my finite supply of parts than to accomplish anything if I tried

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Taraba
United States
Lake in the Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Volt65 wrote:

The problem is you're making darts out of bone. You need to make daggers out of bone and throw those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Dolan
United States
Rockford
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Instead of magnets, you might try tiny pieces of adhesive putty.

For those unfamiliar with this stuff, its a sticky, knead-able substance that can hold lightweight things in place without permanently attaching them or damaging either surface.

There are many brands available, like Blu-Tack, Poster Tack, Sticky Tack, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TechRaptor Travis
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Volt65 wrote:

I recently asked Adam about a thematic disconnect with another card from the Screaming Antelope hit location deck. From his answer there you can glean the answer to your question. There are minor spoilers about the card in question, so look/don't look as you see fit. Ultimately, even though there is a bit of a thematic disconnect, you play cards as written, so your Frail darts will break.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Restless Tiny Hands - This effects ranged. Sort of a flavor disconnect, you’d sort of have to imagine the hands freaking the ranged attacker out or find a creative reason why this is the case. Grabs your last arrow, etc. Its technically correct, just a bit of a logic leap.

~Travis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.