Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas W
Sweden
Årsta
flag msg tools
In the rules:
After the first Multi player Infection card has been played
by the Thing player, whenever an Outpost player draws a card(or cards),he MUST draw an additional card and then discard ONE card from his hand.‘Play Immediately’ cards are resolved before any discarding takes place

Question:

Does this account for all outpost players, even those without Infection Cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mesich
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Horta chortles.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Earlier in the rules where the cards are referenced under "Multiplayer Infection Cards" is this passage:

Quote:
When at least one of these has been played by the Thing, then the Humans must follow the MAN IS THE WARMEST PLACE TO HIDE RULE.

I believe there is also a time when players pass cards to the left and can infect other players without the presence of a Suspicion Card so you can't just go by that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas W
Sweden
Årsta
flag msg tools
Right, so the rule "when at least one have been played" is just a sort of timer to introduce the rule a bit later in the game? I think in an earlier version of the rules Mark wrote that it could be used from the beginning of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mesich
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Horta chortles.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's needed to seed the discard pile (which also gives evidence to player infection as some can look at the discards) but I'm realizing that I never noticed the mandatory weapon discard rule ... or maybe just don't remember it as I was a Thing player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas W
Sweden
Årsta
flag msg tools
Found Marks answer to this in another thread:

Quote:
14. Outpost-Player draw one extra card each time they draw and discard one after first mutil-infection card is played. This applies for all Outpost-player or only the one who received mutil-infection card?

Only those players who could potentially be a THING.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mesich
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Horta chortles.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andy_b. wrote:
Found Marks answer to this in another thread:

Quote:
14. Outpost-Player draw one extra card each time they draw and discard one after first mutil-infection card is played. This applies for all Outpost-player or only the one who received mutil-infection card?

Only those players who could potentially be a THING.

If true, we'll be needing a V4 of the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Fort Polk
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Follow-up Question.

Under the "Man is the Warmest Place to Hide" section:
Quote:
NOW A THING: the Outpost player MUST discard a weapon card if he has one available in his hand (all discards are still face-down!).

Am correctly reading that the "must discard a weapon" requirement is only for the post-draw discard event, and not for all discard events? So a PC-Thing is not forced to select a weapon card first when dumping a card for +2 dice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Honor wrote:
Follow-up Question.

Under the "Man is the Warmest Place to Hide" section:
Quote:
NOW A THING: the Outpost player MUST discard a weapon card if he has one available in his hand (all discards are still face-down!).

Am correctly reading that the "must discard a weapon" requirement is only for the post-draw discard event, and not for all discard events? So a PC-Thing is not forced to select a weapon card first when dumping a card for +2 dice?

That is correct, James.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.