Coven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Sacrifice action on village board rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Finnigan

Middleboro
Massachusetts
msg tools
I've only had a chance to read the instructions and look at components after getting the game but I feel like I'm missing something obvious with the village expansion board. In the base game when you land on the sacrifice space you gain favor with the goddess whose shadow you are under which is indicated by the name of the goddess listed on the middle spinning board. But in the Village expansion board the Goddess names are not present. How are you supposed to know what Goddess shadow you are under on this board. I'm thinking I'm going to have to draw on this board to make it easy to know which Goddess shadow you are under but I figure I'm missing something. I haven't even played the game yet and I see this issue so it seems weird that someone would play this in a test and not see this issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Saxberg
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm, Disclaimer: I didn't design the Village expansion and my printed version of it may not be up to date. (So if 8th Summit posts anything contrary to this, assume his answer is more official / accurate than mine.)

However my copy still has the five Goddess symbols printed on the inner ring. Each is in a "pie wedge" of five symbols, demarked by part of the outer ring, and two of the star-shaped lines across the center.

That section there is that Goddess' shadow. My copy doesn't have the Goddesses' names printed on it, I can see how that might be less than ideal, but the symbols do match the ones printed on the tracks on the other board, so you can refer across to that as necessary.

Sorry for the inconvenience! Hope you enjoy the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JASON MAXWELL
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
CORRECTION: I looked at my Village board again. I answered the question above from memory, which was wrong. The crossing lines in the center board guide you as to what Goddess you are under. A Goddess's realm covers one symbol to left of the Goddess symbol and three symbols to the right. It is exactly as the board in the base game.

I could see this being very confusing if players jumped right into playing the Village first without ever playing the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.