Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Ramsby
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This part wasn't crystal clear to me from the rules.

Say I want to execute a maneuver that requires me to use multiple rockets from my ship. I draw the outcome card for the first rocket and it's a minor failure, which results in no thrust for it and damages it. Can I then at that point abort the maneuver to retain the other rockets I was going to use for that maneuver so that I could potentially repair the failed rocket with an engineer and try again, or am I committed at that point to using and drawing outcome cards for all the originally planned rockets for the maneuver, even though that would still result in a maneuver failure?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The designer confirmed in another thread that you do not have to fire the other rockets - I think of it as a shutdown sequence that's initiated after a problem emerges (in this case, the initial rocket failing).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Kangro
Germany
Bonn
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Follow-up: Can you use another rocket that you originally didn't plan to use?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fatula
United States
Blue Tent
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the basic principle:
You don't have to announce your plans in advance.

Therefore, you can choose not to fire a rocket you would have fired.
Likewise, you can choose to fire a rocket you wouldn't have fired.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime Mayol
United Kingdom
Blandford Forum
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And what happen if you activate several rockets but the one that fails is the last one? Have you wasted all the other rockets and the spacecraft has not moved?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will H.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, unless you have another rocket available to add the necessary thrust. (Most of the time this will result in you not reaching your intended destination, because payload space is tight; you usually don't have a lot of "options" when it comes to spacecraft components. But you might have options in terms of the location you maneuver to...)

This happened to me on a recent mission, and I ended up returning to Earth instead of going to the Moon.

Once something bad happens, your plans have to change and the mission becomes "crew survival".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Ramsby
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent. Thanks for the responses!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.