Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Korneel Troch
Belgium
Ghent
Oost-vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this is not the forum to ask but I don't have the time to search for the right one.

What citadel shade should I use on the castles to give them a better look ?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
korneeltroch wrote:
I know this is not the forum to ask but I don't have the time to search for the right one.

What citadel shade should I use on the castles to give them a better look ?

Thanks

I'd recommend a Shade of Tezla... Sorry, couldn't help it, I'll show myself out now .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PC ichigo
Thailand
Bangbuathong
Nonthaburi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found the answer in the gallery... laugh

https://boardgamegeek.com/image/1182567/mage-knight-board-ga...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kostas K.
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Badab Black wash is the answer. I would also recommend painting the tower a medium grey before the wash (applying a wash on unpainted plastic can be problematic) and for the extra mile you can also drybrush a lighter grey after the wash dries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artemus Maximus
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd recommend a mix of black & umber or sepia to represent dirt and grime, over simply black, for more depth on general stone. and then straight black for shadows, like windows.

however, moving the hue for each city looks nice too and will help make the models which are identical shapes look unique...a more green one on the green city not only matches color scheme but can represent lichens and such growing on the stones. colder for blue, warmer for red, and medium grey for white, for example. A good place to start with colored washes is:

http://www.thewarstore.com/product56410.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Korneel Troch
Belgium
Ghent
Oost-vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the advice! I was going to delete this post but the pun is too great
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.