Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nate Straight

Covington
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you COUNT all red tiles in the original kingdoms as "supporters" and then only REMOVE and AWARD victory points for the ones not next to non-red leaders and not containing treasures?

OR do you NEITHER COUNT, REMOVE, NOR AWARD victory points for red tiles that are next to non-red leaders and/or contain treasures?

I think I played my first couple games incorrectly, as I did not count the "excepted" red tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
They still count towards strength in the conflict. They just are not removed or score points for the winner after the conflict is resolved.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Straight

Covington
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brilliant, Nate. blush

I wonder when I'll learn a game right the first time through. shake

Thanks for the quick reply, though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Don't be too hard on yourself. This is an easy one to get a rule or two wrong on on first reading.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Seal of Approval
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh? Maybe I got your answer wrong, but as far as I understood the rules, in a red external conflict:

1) All red tiles in the empire are counted and count towards the competition score
2) All red tiles in the losing empire (except the ones with treasures on them!) are removed, and count as victory points for the winning players (+1 victory point for beating the red leader)
3) All leaders no longer supported by temples are removed

Pretty devastating, that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah...you're playing incorrectly, Robert. After a red conflict the losing side:

-Removes the red leader, scoring 1 red vp for the winner
-Removes any red tiles that do NOT have a treasure AND are NOT adjacent to a still existing leader - each removed tile scores 1 red vp for the winner.

The red tile next to existing non-red leaders are untouchable via external conflict, so the leaders are not in threat of leaving the board.

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Kwiatkowski
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for this clarification guys. It is stated very ambiguously in the Polish rules. I thought that a well aimed red external conflict could eject all the other leaders but obviously your explanation makes much more sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smiles
United States
Dedham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
The ratio of people to cake is too big.
badge
Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...
mbmbmbmbmb
It also balances the scores in each color. The presence of leaders diminishes the number of red points that can be scored in external conflicts. This is offset by the additional red points scored during internal conflicts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.