Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Asger Garde
Denmark
Gentofte
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I dont quite get the rules here.

Does it mean that EVERY time the red side DONT have an archer in the combat, all scottich infantry add 1 to their combat factor? When we played it, it was virtually every combat that the scottish had c2=c3 and c3=c4

Is that the right way?

Or it it only when the red side have knight without arches?

thanks, asger

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poochie D
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
Asger Garde wrote:
Does it mean that EVERY time the red side DONT have an archer in the combat, all scottich infantry add 1 to their combat factor? When we played it, it was virtually every combat that the scottish had c2=c3 and c3=c4

Is that the right way?

That's right. This is an optional rule, by the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Ruf
Germany
Schönaich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You played it correctly. That rule is a good equalizer if you find early on that the Scots have a hard time of winning. I feel it grants them too much of an advantage once you understand how to play them effectively.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mohit Goel
India
Mumbai
Maharashtra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You should use the Schiltron rule only if the Scottish player is a newbie playing against an experienced English player.

Otherwise, IMO, it really imbalances the game in favour of the Scots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petras Ražanskas
Lithuania
Kaunas
Kauno apskritis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, you played it correctly, but it's just an optional rule. I think it would sound more logical if it read: "To reflect the dynamics of battles involving Scottish schiltroms, all Scottish infantry fire at +1 (C3=C4) in battles when the English side has no archers and has one or more cavalry units in battle". But it would be a variant game. You can do good without this rule at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.