Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Lesnik
United Kingdom
Oxford
OXON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
yes..

I engaged with the whole GW thing in my high school days and, to be fair, it probably prevented my money slipping into criminal ventures but now I am tired of it, the system, its backdrop, the price and the overzealous store staff.

Having sold my large, dusty and poorly painted collection off a few years ago I am dismayed to get to University and find that its (W40k) still a pretty popular miniature game amongst the group here. So, can anybody suggest some alternative miniatures with which I can design my own army to contest the (lovely) schmucks I play with? Something comical would be superb (I was thinking cake decorations)and pre-painted stuff would be even better...

Any ideas people ..please..

(I know I could try and 'convert' them, believe me I'm trying, but just help me out here)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Paul
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if you kept your lego - lego figs make excellent proxies.

Alternativley, if you want to find another money sink - try one of the other Collectible Miniature Games (like Star Wars or Dungeons and Dragons).

Though, with these latter, you can always focus on commons - and get a fair number fairly cheaply.

For most fun, buy gummi bears, gummi worms and peeps. Then you can eat your casualties :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McCloud
United States
Richmond
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was at a game store the other day looking thinking about how awesome a Gundam based Tau army would be. You could always get some Star Minis above and use the Gundam toy line for the Crisis Suits.

I think that might work out for you.

If that doesn't work...use little green army men for Imperial Guard!

In all seriousness, what army are you thinking about playing? It might help to narrow it down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan F.
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could always buy a mixed bag of meeples!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Davis
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
Re: Help enliven the Games Workshop Monop..er..Monotony (sic
if you actually want to get back into minis again. Flames of War would be a great choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patching
United Kingdom
Newport, Wales
flag msg tools
badge
If you notice this notice you wil notice that this notice was not worth noticing
mbmbmbmbmb
Black Tree Design do a range of miniatures that seem to be ... er, 'inspired' by Warhammer. Starship Marines?

http://www.black-tree-design.com/btdcat.php?ctry=uk&lng=gb&r...=

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Coon
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Help enliven the Games Workshop Monop..er..Monotony (sic
panzer-attack wrote:
Black Tree Design do a range of miniatures that seem to be ... er, 'inspired' by Warhammer. Starship Marines?

Wow, how do they get away with that? Awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Goewert
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well.. if you buy actual figures to play...

Buy a set of Arachnids or whatever they are and drop them in a tye-dye vat. I had a friend do this to play in a tornament, which each figure needs to have at least 3 colors.

He choose three colors and plopped them in. Someone thought they were "so cool" and bought them from him after the tournament.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.