United States
Chatham
Illinois
flag msg tools
BoardGameGeek
badge
BoardGameGeek
mbmbmbmbmb
I was looking through the Kickstarter and noticed that the Hell Club did not look corrupted, unlike nearly everyone else in the game. They really just look like a bunch of S&M freaks. Why don't they all have toothy, gaping maws and tentacles? Is that explained somewhere? Are they immune to corruption?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Why aren't the Hellfire Club corrupted?
Biomage wrote:
I was looking through the Kickstarter and noticed that the Hellfire Club did not look corrupted, unlike nearly everyone else in the game. They really just look like a bunch of S&M freaks. Why don't they all have toothy, gaping maws and tentacles? Is that explained somewhere? Are they immune to corruption?

Perhaps they're elite enough to mask the physical effects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Ruiz
United States
Garland
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
aren't the hellfire club mutants?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the Hell Club. Not the Hellfire Club. And they are the ones who summoned the Sins to Haven, but that doesn't make them corrupted directly. Perhaps their sorcerous knowledge protects them. Who knows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They certainly do look very Hellraiser-esque.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cable
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Biomage wrote:
I was looking through the Kickstarter and noticed that the Hellfire Club did not look corrupted, unlike nearly everyone else in the game. They really just look like a bunch of S&M freaks. Why don't they all have toothy, gaping maws and tentacles? Is that explained somewhere? Are they immune to corruption?

They are like cultists that summoned demons, because they are dumb. And being a dumb little pawn allows you to be a good little pet for a while without any consequences... I am pretty sure after all is said and done, the Hell Club will get exactly what they deserve and become Abominations like the rest of their followers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stokes
United States
Chatham
Illinois
flag msg tools
BoardGameGeek
badge
BoardGameGeek
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:
It's the Hell Club. Not the Hellfire Club. And they are the ones who summoned the Sins to Haven, but that doesn't make them corrupted directly. Perhaps their sorcerous knowledge protects them. Who knows.

Right. I guess I have read too much X-Men.

senorcoo wrote:
They certainly do look very Hellraiser-esque.

Yes, they are definitely inspired by cenobites.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.