Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan A.
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing this game with just the starter box, Attack from Space, and the Civilian Slaughter upgrade pack using just the rulebook from the starter box. When I went to purchase some additional expansions, I noticed that there are two books, the Compendium and the World War Rulebook.

Can somebody tell me the difference between the Compendium and the World War Rulebook?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The Compendium, as it's title would suggest, includes the World War rulebook. As a matter of fact, the Compendium is the only place you'll find the World War rules in a printed format as far as I know (they're also available online though you may have to pay for them - not sure).

The Compendium, a hard-cover book, includes:

- The core game rulebook
- The Humanity Resists rulebook
- The Extermination rulebook
- The World War rulebook
- Expansion sets rules: The Attack from Space, Nobody Can Know, Martian Dredd, Dreadball Martians, Zombies Everywhere, and The Science Division
- Solo rules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Hall-Williams
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bgm1961 wrote:

The Compendium, as it's title would suggest, includes the World War rulebook.

The Compendium is all the existing rules run back-to-back, so there is a lot of repeated information in the book. It would have been nice if they had pared it down and rearranged it to have all the scenarios in one place, all the stats in another, but they literally put all their .pdfs end-to-end and printed it.

I started rewriting the rulebook myself using a mix of rules, mostly-official FAQ answers, and common sense. Hopefully it'll work out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

mattersmasher wrote:
The Compendium is all the existing rules run back-to-back, so there is a lot of repeated information in the book.

Yes, this is also true.

I still have on my list to finish the player's Aid charts for all the expansions, as I did and posted for the core game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.