Larry Welborn
United States
Anderson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers #1
mbmbmbmbmb
My daughter, age 3, received a set of Dora Dominoes for Christmas. She and her brother, age 5, have been making towers and matching the pictures with the set, but I decided to play a domino game with them tonight.

The Dora set is just like a double 6 set except there are pictures of Dora characters instead of pips. The characters are Dora, Boots, Map, Backpack, Isa, Benny, and Swiper. There is a total of 28 dominoes in the set.

We played a simple game. Each player picked 5 dominoes, with the remaining dominoes forming a bonepile. We drew one domino from the bonepile to start the game. Each player, in turn, must play a domino with a matching Dora character to either end of the domino line. If a player is unable to match either character, then that player must draw from the bonepile until a matching domino is drawn. First player to get rid of their dominoes wins.

Using the Dora set made it easy for my daughter to see what see needed to match each turn and her love of all things Dora kept her excited throughout the games.

We were able to play 5 games before bedtime. My 3 year old daughter won 3 games, my son won 2 games, and I won zero, zip, nada, despite playing my best.

Both children enjoyed the game and are looking forward to playing again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.