• [+] Dice rolls
Garrett Potvin
United States
Brooklyn Park
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I give the slight edge to Heroscape because it is original. BattleLore, while I like it , is simply a redesign of an already well designed system (which I love). Battlelore is my least favorite of the C&C games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunter Shelburne
United States
San Marcos
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Check out Weaponsgrade Tabletop on Youtube!
mbmbmbmbmb
Heroscape.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heroscape offers more latitude for hilarity. Definitely the bigger gorilla at this point, too. But they're on the same tag-team as far as I'm concerned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sunday! SUNDAY!! Someday!

My vote goes to Heroscape. It has Fantasy thingies, Men in Black, army dudes, AND pre-painted minis. How cool is that? It's not my favorite game, or even close to being my favorite game; but really, isn't it cool?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon W.
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Heroscape, easy.

Who needs a complex, rules heavy wargame that is just as luck driven as Heroscape? Just pass me the dice and let my giant lava-based Centaur eat your pathetic metallic Armadillo already.

"Do we really need to bring ink and paper into this?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's Wednesday Wednesday Wednesday and I'm working from home.

If you have neither game AND no other game in the Command & Colors System, I'd recommend BattleLore. Unless mutli-player / team play is important.

Although the road to hell or bankruptcy is paved with good intentions, I do not intend to buy Battlelore. I already own the first three C&C games and C&C:Ancients is the best. BL may be a step backward for me. I have also invested a stupid amount of money in H-scape. I say stupid because it just doesn't get played enough for the $$$ spent. And stupid because I want Wave 6 even though it will also set unplayed in my Heroscape $torage tub. $tupid, $tupid, $tupid.

BattleLore duplicates the essential mechanics of the three other C&C games I own and adds the fantasy aspect of Heroscape.

And since my maingamer doesn't like fantasy themed games, NEITHER game is /would be played often enough.

I hope all that muddys the water sufficiently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I play BattleLore vs The Wife and HeroScape vs The Son.

Each has its own definite purpose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Leventhal
United States
Unspecified
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
I haven't had Battlelore long enough to tell, but the setup time puts it at an advantage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swood
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shiawase da. Hiro-Skepu!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmb
Why is it a Texas Style cage match? I didn't know Texas was known for cage matches. I must not be keeping up with the jone's, as I don't have one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swood
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
Why is it a Texas Style cage match? I didn't know Texas was known for cage matches. I must not be keeping up with the jone's, as I don't have one.

Maybe it's just because "Maine-Style Cage Match" just sounds weird. I picture two old guys in foul weather gear with lobsters. [Shudder]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.