Popular Tags: [View All]
Strike Force was robbed!
United States
Allen Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Disclosure: I received my copy of this game from the publisher as a comp.

First Look
Zombies!!! Second Edition is much prettier than the first edition. The artwork on all the tiles is changed and some of the cards have new art as well. Even on cards without new art, the blacks are much blacker and the colors more vibrant. The female zombies are a nice addition. The game is a little more expensive than the first edition, but I feel the components make up for it.

Components
30 Map Tiles, 50 Card Event Deck, 50 Male Zombies, 50 Female Zombies, 6 Plastic Shotgun Guys, 30 Life Tokens, 60 Bullet Tokens, 2 Dice, Instructions.
As mentioned above, the components are superior to the already good components in the first edition. The deeper box is handy, allowing you to store some of your expansions in the same places as the base game.

Game Play
The game play is very simple. On your turn, you turn over and place a map tile, fight any zombies on your square, draw back up to three event cards, roll a 6 sider for movement, move up to that many spaces (fighting zombies and collecting hearts and bullets as you go), roll a d6 to move that many zombies one space each and then discard a card if you'd like.
For the most part, you can play an event card any time you'd like, but only once for each round of the table (so if you play a card on your turn, you can't play another until your turn again. If you play one on another player's turn, you still can't play one until YOUR next turn.
The object of the game is to be the first player to either kill 25 zombies or to reach the center of the helipad with no zombies to kill.

Strengths
The gameplay is very simple and easy to explain.
The game is very visual, with good art and tons of pieces.
The system is simple and everyone is sure they can fix it.

Weaknesses
There are too many cards that keep your opponent from winning rather than helping you win directly - this makes the end game long, particularly with experienced players who hoard the good "take that" cards.
The game doesn't offer a lot of strategic choices.
The system is simple and everyone is sure they can fix it.

Overall
I think Zombies!!! is a great game and it fulfills its theme neatly. It is slightly mindless and just a great take that type game. I recommend it for nearly all fans of zombie movies and for anyone who doesn't mind luck playing a big factor in gameplay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunga Dunga
Canada
Oakville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Zombies!!! Second Edition is much prettier than the first edition

Well, as long as it's prettier....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always regarded Zombies as the basis for a great game.
We use the rules as the bare bones of our own rule-set. I'm sure many others do the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerry Breitenstein
United States
Cold Sprin
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Yugblad wrote:
I've always regarded Zombies as the basis for a great game.
We use the rules as the bare bones of our own rule-set. I'm sure many others do the same.

That's actually how the game was designed. It appeals to far more people that way. Sure, there are some that don't get it and don't want to put effort into making it the game *they* like. But there are many, many people out there who get it and enjoy using their house rules and such. Kudos to you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.