Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are numerous references in the base rules, expansion and FAQ which appear to indicate that Fighters are ships. Some references clearly make a distinction such as "non-fighter ships". In the context of the Shattered Empires Public Objective cards, would Fighters be considered ships?

Quote:
Public Objective (Stage I) I won a Space Battle against 3 opposing ships in one system this turn

Quote:
Public Objective (Stage II) I won two Space Battles this turn, each in different systems and against at least 3 opposing ships

Do Fighters count as ships?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Fighters DO count as ships, unless specifically stated otherwise for a particular effect. (IE, some objectives say "non-Fighter ships", etc).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Kaut
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So - does that mean that I can fulfill the "Space Battle vs. 3 ships" objective by defeating the fighter ambush token on Mecatol Rex?? :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see why not. Judging from the replies to date, those are opposing ships after all. And thanks for the replies guys.

From what I gather some of these objectives will be quite easy to accomplish. The only caveat will be the need to pick up the BUREAUCRACY Strategy Card in order to complete two in the same turn. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Sartavos wrote:
So - does that mean that I can fulfill the "Space Battle vs. 3 ships" objective by defeating the fighter ambush token on Mecatol Rex?? :-)

I would actually say "no". But I think this one hinges around whether the Custodians are considered to be "opposing".

My opinion is that when something refers to "opposing" ships, etc, it is referring to ships belonging to other players. The Custodians are neutral forces, and as such, I personally would not consider them to be opposing, and as such would not fulfill the said objective.

However, it would probably not hurt to get an official clarification. (Which I just decided to go ahead and try and get)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael T
Germany
Dresden
Sachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,

Corey Konieczka, one of the designers of the expansion is currently answering any questions regarding the game. There will be a rules update and faq coming from fantasy flight games.

Maybe just raise the question right there: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?boar...

-- Never Mind, I should have read the full response first blush
Cheers,
Spooky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.