Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if they plan on add ons for this KS?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob McArthur
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rumblings that there may be non-map card sleeves for those that want them. Otherwise, not a word of add-ons. I have the impression they're going to stick with stretch goals only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hate sleeves anyway, but there seems to be a ruck of stuff in the 89 euro pledge. Bound to be future expansions after the launch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seb seb2
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maybe an expansion...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They already have three expansions as "add-ons" in the sense that you can pay extra to get them along with the base game. I wouldn't be surprised if they offered other expansions as add-ons later. If the game does well enough, maybe they'll consider entirely new campaigns, either as add-ons or as future Kickstarters!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Van Deusen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My impression from Jamie's cagey replies on KS, is that there will be some add-ons, in addition to the sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
si Mon
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
They have to be careful with what they promise. They still have a lot of design, illustration and playtest to do if they want tondeliver more than 1000 cards !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Calin
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Moshimon wrote:
They have to be careful with what they promise. They still have a lot of design, illustration and playtest to do if they want tondeliver more than 1000 cards !

I hope I won't regret saying this, but it does feel like they have a hold on things. It looks like they know what they're doing...and to be honest, the amazing way they've incorporated the expansions in the base game makes me trust them even more.

Regarding addons, even though I don't think it needs more (there are few games I've spent more than 20 hours on) I'm sure I'll get them just because of how unique I feel this game is. It feels like a legacy game, where your actions continuously change the world, made in a very elegant way. Plus, the story aspect looks like it's richer than anything I've seen so far, and on top of that, you have artwork that actually has a purpose in the gameplay (made again, in a very subtle and elegant way).

Very excited about this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shiv@n Shiv@n
France
POITIERS
flag msg tools
before the campaign, editor talked about a pledge for coreset plus 4 expansions, i think they have at least one expansion left up their sleeves

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
given the way expansions seem to be integrated into the main game, it should be fairly easy to add small scale addons that offer some side story (with a few respective tiles) without changing the main game objective or the overall balance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joltin' Joe
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamie, the community manager confirmed that they will be doing a sleeves add on for the action deck and the state deck, which are the cards handled the most during the game. They will not be offering sleeves for the entire game, nor will the box be big enough to hold the entire game in sleeves.

More information here in the latest video update:
http://www.trictrac.tv/video/THE_7TH_CONTINENT_DE_LE_COMMUNI...

Some people have been having trouble playing this video, however, and so Jamie said they will post the next one on YouTube.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradford Lounsberry
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The insert won't be able to hold everything if the cards are sleeved. Toss the insert and sleeve away!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Van Deusen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Except the inserts and putting everything in its place assist with saving the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradford Lounsberry
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same is true for Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set but sleevers found a way to make it work. I trashed the PACG insert almost immediately since you couldn't fit the whole adventure path in there when using sleeves. Custom storage solutions is a common and fun (for some) part of the board game hobby.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.