12 Posts

Epic Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: drinker of blood and zombie apocalypse rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Ricks

Texas
msg tools
if several creatures are out, including my drinker of blood, will I gain the life benefit while a global effect like zombie apocalypse is played?
I assume the answer is NO. meaning, as zombie apocalypse is being carried out, it must be completed before other cards' powers are carried out, and that means that by that time the drinker of blood is already in the graveyard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asbjørn Lie Parmer
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, you got it right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nándor Gáspár
Hungary
Budapest
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oileta wrote:
I assume the answer is NO. meaning, as zombie apocalypse is being carried out, it must be completed before other cards' powers are carried out, and that means that by that time the drinker of blood is already in the graveyard.

Wait, if you do it on your own turn Drinker of Blood is unbreakable so he should survive the zombie apocalypse. In this case you should gain the life benefit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Blain
United States
Rochester
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ydnad wrote:
Oileta wrote:

Wait, if you do it on your own turn Drinker of Blood is unbreakable so he should survive the zombie apocalypse. In this case you should gain the life benefit.

Based on a strict reading of both the rules and the cards, I agree. The rules for Unbreakable read:

Unbreakable
The champion will not be put into the discard
pile from a break effect or from damage. (If you
must break an unbreakable champion as part of a
power’s cost, you can’t play that power.)

Zombie Apocalypse or Apocalypse or any other break all cards certainly seem to be break effects, with no stipulation added about unbreakable ones. So, personally, until the rules are updated, this is how I will play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Total unplayed games in my collection: 8
mbmbmbmbmb
Would Drinker of Blood trigger for each simultaneously broken champion under an Apocalypse, or are simultaneously broken champions considered to be part the same "breaking" occurrence and therefore only trigger Drinker of Blood one time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Blain
United States
Rochester
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andrewkapish wrote:
Would Drinker of Blood trigger for each simultaneously broken champion under an Apocalypse, or are simultaneously broken champions considered to be part the same "breaking" occurrence and therefore only trigger Drinker of Blood one time?

Great question. The same question arises when two champions are in a battle and both break the other. Is that 1 or 2 triggers occurring.

Airborne
Unbreakable on your turn.
When another champion is broken -> If this card is in play, you gain 2 health and each opponent loses 2 health.

I can see that being interpreted both ways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seems pretty straightforward to me, the thing happens twice (or however many times) so do the trigger twice. The fact that they all happen at the same time doesn't mean they happen less times. A champion breaks twice (or three, or four, or twenty times) - so drinker of blood feasts that many times too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ricks

Texas
msg tools
So if this were mtg indestructible would not project from global effects. But i guess it does in epic? Obviously the global effect avoid untargetable.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Davis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
Drinker of Blood is unbreakable on your turn. It survives the Zombie Apocalypse, will still be there when its triggers are checked, and will probably gain you a bunch of health and cost others a bunch of their health.

Drinker + Zombie Apocalypse (and Drinker + Army of the Apocalypse + other break-all effects) is a great little combo. Hard to set up, but great when it works.

- Nathan Davis
Studio Manager, WWG
Drinker of Blood personal best: 17 triggers at once, gaining 34 health and dealing 34 damage. Darwin still beat me that game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Hodson
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
I made a "Breaking Bad" deck using all the break all effects.
Drinker of Blood has an interesting effect: it demands that the opponent say his name. They usually respond by saying his name as a target in their next turn. They always* have a turn to respond to the Drinker though which is nice and balanced.

*Surprise attack Drinker eot, apocalypse excluded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh E

Naperville
Illinois
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nathan-

Will there be an official faq that discusses this situation? Basically the difference between a trigger"when" which would be multiple vs a "for every" which is obviously multiple.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Davis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm hoping* we get our card-by-card FAQ up this week.

- Nathan
* Standard disclaimer of hopes-not-promises etc etc...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.