Popular Tags: [View All]
zoran
United Kingdom
London
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is delivery to KS backers still on schedule? I haven't seen an update to assure those of us waiting in anticipation of the game's arrival.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Been said it won't be until next year, probably february.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emils E
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
Life goes on...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Parinacotas wrote:

AFAIK they have not sent any ETA update in KS updates. If it really has slipped so far it shame they have been so lazy not to let backers know. I was looking forward to getting this before the end of the year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Schoukroun
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Parinacotas wrote:

I confirm. Early 2016. The goal is the Cannes game festival.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Jannin
France
SAUTRON
Loire Atlantique
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
November? Sure. November 2016
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shake C'est dommage! But perhaps that is a European release date?

Or perhaps you are referencing the French Revolutionary Calendar?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
chas59 wrote:

No Mare Nostrum at Xmas this year ... cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emils E
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
Life goes on...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Teowulff wrote:
chas59 wrote:

No Mare Nostrum at Xmas this year ... cry

According to latest KS update they might make it by Xmas:
Quote:
I was told by our French partners that we can expect to have the games shipped from the factory to us by early December. Hopefully, you will receive your copy before Christmas! We will post further updates in the coming days, as we finalize project milestones with the French design team.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Paul
Germany
Offenburg
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anything new?
I guess Christmas is to near now?

I guess Kickstarters are not for me I don't like waiting long time for something I "ordered"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I do not have a problem with the delay in general, I think it is very poorly handled in this campaign. There was no official update to the shipping date (and no, "I expect we could ship them by christmas" hidden in a side sentence is not a proper update concerning the ETA).
They professional way to go would be an update saying something along the lines of "Sorry guys, we can't make our ETA. Our new ETA is xy/we don't have a new ETA yet."

Also, being one month late in a Kickstarter delivery is not an accomplishment. The accomplishment would be a delivery on schedule. I do understand that the delay might be caused by the stretchgoals and I am fine with the delay.
I am not fine with the fact that the creators don't update on the ETA.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob W
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nicholas M wrote:
While I do not have a problem with the delay in general, I think it is very poorly handled in this campaign. There was no official update to the shipping date (and no, "I expect we could ship them by christmas" hidden in a side sentence is not a proper update concerning the ETA).
They professional way to go would be an update saying something along the lines of "Sorry guys, we can't make our ETA. Our new ETA is xy/we don't have a new ETA yet."

Also, being one month late in a Kickstarter delivery is not an accomplishment. The accomplishment would be a delivery on schedule. I do understand that the delay might be caused by the stretchgoals and I am fine with the delay.
I am not fine with the fact that the creators don't update on the ETA.

This. +1000.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To be fair, Academy Games has a history of great games and less than stellar on time delivery. Before any project is started there is a prediction of whether it will be successful and then a prediction of when it will be delivered - Academy is GREAT at the former and not so good at the latter.

Personally I think that if you have to be good at only one of those two things, the former is the better choice as a great game can appease the pains of the delays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emils E
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
Life goes on...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
To be fair, Academy Games has a history of great games and less than stellar on time delivery. Before any project is started there is a prediction of whether it will be successful and then a prediction of when it will be delivered - Academy is GREAT at the former and not so good at the latter.

Personally I think that if you have to be good at only one of those two things, the former is the better choice as a great game can appease the pains of the delays.

That is fine. Problem is that they are not upfront about it. As Nicholas said, all they really need to do is post a status update. We are here (production started or not), we hope to finish production on this date and ship on this date. All fairly simple and quick thing to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
History has shown that they are not very good at this.

I am not defending these practices, merely reminding (and letting the newcomers know that this is not the first time this has happened, but it all works out in the end). I agree that a little better communication would be appreciated.

Gripe on!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.