Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to figure out if this game is more of a CCG/LCG style game, or more of a base game with future expansions a la Mage Wars?

Since there are "core sets" I'm sure there will be new stuff in the future, but can't tell how it will be structured. Thanks!

Bruce
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shanen Opolis
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruiser419 wrote:
I'm trying to figure out if this game is more of a CCG/LCG style game, or more of a base game with future expansions a la Mage Wars?

Since there are "core sets" I'm sure there will be new stuff in the future, but can't tell how it will be structured. Thanks!

Bruce

The best example is to say it's similar to an LCG. There will be regular expansions with new cards, all interchangeable with previous cards, in a fashion similar to CCGs, but there is no random collectible aspect. Each expansion pack will have the same cards, with no rares or commons, or anything like that. Some Kickstarter or contest exclusives might be rare, but there will be no arbitrary rarity assigned to each card. You can buy all or some, and play as you wish.

I hope that answers your question!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Cross
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shane just put up another thread in the FAQ on the main KS page all the way at the bottom that provides some information about future expansions. Another KS game that funded recently was EPIC. While theme and gameplay are wildly different, there are a few similarities, chief among them is that neither are random. Both Epic and Arsenal start with decks that are available to all players. Each player can build their own unique decks with the provided cards.
For what it's worth, I will never buy into a random pack game again, wheter it is cards, miniatures, or whatever. I personally like non-random games. With all cards available to all players, the battlefield is fairly even. It's more about skilled gameplay than who can spend the most money to eventually get the uber cards.
Thanks,

~WCSD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shanen Opolis
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
WayCoolSuperDude wrote:
Shane just put up another thread in the FAQ on the main KS page all the way at the bottom that provides some information about future expansions. Another KS game that funded recently was EPIC. While theme and gameplay are wildly different, there are a few similarities, chief among them is that neither are random. Both Epic and Arsenal start with decks that are available to all players. Each player can build their own unique decks with the provided cards.
For what it's worth, I will never buy into a random pack game again, wheter it is cards, miniatures, or whatever. I personally like non-random games. With all cards available to all players, the battlefield is fairly even. It's more about skilled gameplay than who can spend the most money to eventually get the uber cards.
Thanks,

~WCSD

That's correct John. I wanted to contest to be more about a player's skill, strategy, and tactics, rather than having the best cards or spending the most money. You do draw cards and roll dice, so there's still a healthy dose of luck involved, but the game has a lot of ways you can use certain cards or tactics to mitigate that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.