Sdric
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
Highlighting difference with a pool on each option
New boards:
3 castles and haunted forest is the preferred option.
Gunzilla : "When we will be sure about the spawn's strength, I might add those 3 more villages, make it a region"...

Lords taking the black:
NW brother always on the wall 50% 3
NW brother could be on the wall or in westeros 50% 3

New proposal (valid also for NWE)
A NW Brother
- can move in westeros only with his NW recruit.
- an army composed only of NW troops can not deny passage, besiege, pillage Mill...
- a NW brother and his NW troops can only participate in battle if their family control the village he occupies (defense or attack)
- however it does not prevent any offensive action if present with another Noble, he just do not take part of it.
- you can still recruit regular troop in a village where only a NW brother is present and take control of empty village with your NW brother
Poll
Does the new proposal for NW brother is OK for me ?
Yes
No
      6 answers
Poll created by sdric

Lord commander election:
can happen starting in autumn

Family slots:
NW brother take a slot in the family board

Combat:
We have an issue here 50/50
Let's test the Gunzilla rule to see if it fits and discuss after the PBF
For testing purpose : nw brothers can die in battle (4+roll) when they lose their last troop.

Victory points:
1 for lord commander, 1 for the leader that will defeat Mance, 1 for the leader that will defeat the night's king

Who can take the VP
If we do not go with my version, Gunzilla need to come up with a possibility to predict who will defend and when the attack will trigger a bit more that 1 turn.
It seems that the preference go for
a Press Your Luck mechanism rather than a Majority race
can you thing of introducing a bit of Press Your Luck mechanism in your proposal Gunz ?

I will publish soon a simple version of my proposal removing the great ranging and the 6th region. and go for a vote with my new simple version and the new version of Gunzilla that will take into account the multiple pool result.

My new simple version of wall rules are on the gdoc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sdric
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
My new simple wall rules :
http://www.fichier-pdf.fr/2015/10/08/wall-sdric/

Gunzilla except NW brother take a slot in the family board do you wish to change something fo your version before we vote between yours and my new version ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ScalpHell
France
Lestrem
Hauts de France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I play a lord

can someone roll it for me please?

Edit: Thanks Sdric!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sdric
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
darknico wrote:

I play a lord

can someone roll it for me please?

1=Renly Baratheon ordinary
2=Ser Davos Seaworth shadow
3=Salladhor Saan rich
4=Beric Dondarrion blessed
1d4 = (2) = 2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 794865. sdric
  • 1d4 =
  • (2) =
  • Thu Oct 8, 2015 7:23 pm
Sdric
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
Arryn
1=Robin Arryn coward
2=Yohn Royce loyal
3=Gerold Grafton rich
4=Lyn Corbray swift

1d4 = (4) = 4

Tyrell
No card

Greyjoy
1=Theon Greyjoy unlucky
2=Euron Greyjoy swift
3=Victarion Greyjoy unlucky
4=Aeron Greyjoy blessed
1d4 = (1) = 1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 795216. sdric
  • 1d4 =
  • (4) =
  • Fri Oct 9, 2015 2:29 pm
  • [+]
  • 795226. sdric
  • 1d4 =
  • (1) =
  • Fri Oct 9, 2015 3:00 pm
Sebastien Castano
France
Montpellier
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Arryn house plays a new lord (1d4 = 4)

Littlefinger calls Lyn Corbray, proud bannerman of the Vale, to join him in the Eyrie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastien Castano
France
Montpellier
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sdric wrote:
My new simple wall rules :
http://www.fichier-pdf.fr/2015/10/08/wall-sdric/

Gunzilla except NW brother take a slot in the family board do you wish to change something fo your version before we vote between yours and my new version ?

I will add that Lords taking the black stay on the family board, if it is what everyone wants.

I will not change the fact that they are sent to the wall and cannot hang around in westeros, as my whole set of rules relies on NW lords gathering NW armies at the wall, and defending the 3 objectives each turn.

Also, now with the modifications that were voted for NW bros on westeros map, they are even more useless (they just help provide 3sp in defense) and this reinforces my opinion that they should stay on the wall board, where they belong. Having them still on the westeros map means that they can be killed by uprisings and cavalcades, and i find it an ugly unthematic way to secure a Lord commander election.

Something i would like to clarify before we vote again for a version:

After a conversation with Sdric we fond out that he misunderstood the whole rulings about the objective assignment, thinking that the castles on the wall were villages, controlled by the leaders. He thought also that there was no predication control over Mance and Night king VPs, but there is a lot of control, it is just that he minsunderstood the concept of the objectives. Some of you may have misunderstood that also so i'll reexplain here what it truly is:

- NW lords (avatars and their armies) stay on the NW board, which is a dfferent thing than the Wall board!

- The 3 castles on the Wall board are objectives and so they are not villages, that a lord and his army controls. They work more or less like the objectives of the crusades expansion.

- At phase 1 (Turn X), there are news from the wall, and some wildlings or ww armies will spawn and attack a random objective. I doesnt matter that the location is random, as no one is assigned on objectives yet on phase 1. This is what Sdric misunderstood.

- At the beginning of Purchase phase (Turn X), there is the NW bid, where you bidded money and troops will be sent to the brother of the NW of your choice. So here you have control over the strenght of your NW army, or on the one of others.

- At move phase (Turn X), any westeros noble can go to the NW board with any number of troops he wants. He can do this at any moment during the move phase, even after having moved 2 steps.

- At the Wall battle phase (Turn X), the NW lords and their armies can assign to any of the objectives in turn order, by placing their avatar and troops in front of the objectives. Westeros lords and their armies visiting the wall can also do so (even house Martell has to do it in turn order).

- Then on each objective, you determine a leader, by comparing the forces (sp) between the whole NW combined and each westeros army.
If a westeros army is bigger than the whole NW, the westeros army will be leader.
If the NW is bigger than each separate westeros army, the NW brother with the most sp will be the leader.

- Then the wildlings will lay siege and get a free mammoth token (3sp, same effect as siege engine)

- Then any of the lords present on the objective can try a sally attack (like normal sally in westeros, except that each lord present on the objective is free to follow him or not)(There can be only 1 sally per wall battle phase)

- At Victory Phase 8 (turn X): All NW lords and their armies go back to the NW board.

Then, following turn (X+1):

- Phase 1 (Turn X+1): news from the wall, which might add some wildlings to an already attacked objective, or to another

- Phase 4 (Turn X+1): NW bid, where you can resend some reinforcements to the wall

- Phase 5 (Turn X+1): where you can resend westeros reinforcements to the wall

- Phase 7 (Turn X+1): Now if the Wildlings have canceled the whole fortification bonus (it was a castle: eastwatch/shadow tower), the attack will be triggered. If it was Castle black (Fortified city) they'll get another mammoth and will not trigger the attack before (Turn X+2)!
So it is only NOW that the leader will control the battle, assign the casualties to the NW bro of his choice, and eventually get a VP if any!

So in the end, if Mance Rayder army and his VP shows up at Turn X:
- he will trigger the battle at the end of turn X+1 if the objective is Eastwatch or Shadow tower
- at the end of turn X+2 if the objective is castle black.

So you have a lot of control before this happens, to build up your influence and get to be the leader of the objective:
You have at least 2/3 NW bids and 2/3 Westeros move phase before the battle for the VP is triggered.

Note: You can also delay the wildling attack on your own initiative by trying a sally and killing a mammoth (you just need to roll an odd number at archers prestrike or in a battle round)

CONCLUSION: You dont have to be scared about the "race to the strongest army" or the "VPs locations are determined randomly and you have no control over it" which were the two big points Sdric was fearing in my version

Well if something is still not clear enough tell me, i'll explain more

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Samberg
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Two Unsullied and 1 Archer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastien Castano
France
Montpellier
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are some examples of the NW board and the Wall board of my Wall expansion version. These are not final design of course, but could do fine for a test in the PBF i think.

THE NIGHT'S WATCH BOARD during the westeros move phase:

There are 3 Lords that took the black and are now brothers of the night’s watch:
Renly Baratheon, controlling 6sp of NW troops
Mace Tyrell, controlling 7sp of NW troops
Tywin Lannister, controlling 4sp of NW troops

There are 2 westeros lords visiting the wall with their own troops:
Stannis Baratheon (yellow lord number 1) controlling 5sp of baratheon troops, who arrived this same turn on the wall during the westeros move phase.
Cersei Lannister (red lord number 2) controlling 5sp of Lannister troops, who arrived on the previous turn during the westeros movephase.

Westeros Lords visiting the wall have to stay 2 turns there. Cersei Lannister will be able to go back to Westeros at the Phase 1 of next turn, while Stannis and his troops will be moved 1 slot down to indicate that he needs to stay again on the wall for the next turn.

The Night’s watch titles don’t appear in the image but they should be placed in the “Night’s watch titles” slot. The 3 titles are: Lord commander of the NW, Defender of the wall, Defender of the Wall.

THE WALL BOARD duing the Wall battle phase:

The 3 fortifications are still holding, and they all have a NW ranger in garrison.
6 Widlings arrived at Castle Black this turn, they’ll get a mammoth and lay siege.
3 Wildlings arrived at Eastwatch by the sea on the previous turn, and they laid siege and got a free mammoth token. They’ll attack this turn, as the mammoth cancels 1 fortification bonus.

Renly Baratheon, Mace Tyrell, and Cersei Lannister assigned to the defense of Castle black.
Cersei has less SP than the whole NW combined, so the leader will be a NW brother. Mace Tyrell has 8SP, and Renly has 7SP, so Mace Tyrell will be the leader of the Battle at Castle Black.

Tywin Lannister and Stannis Baratheon assigned to the defense of Eastwatch by the sea.
The whole NW (Tywin + the Garrison) has 8SP, and Stannis Baratheon has 6SP. Tywin Lannister will lead the battle of Eastwatch by the sea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sdric
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
Are we not supposed to vote to choose wich Wall rule we play ?
I vote for my rules.

Before purchase we have a Wall bid. It ils important to know what will be the set of rules and roll the news on the Wall.

Moebius vote for regular LC election un NWE and postpone to autumn in Wall expension. Do you really want different rule in NWE and Wall expension ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastien Castano
France
Montpellier
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sdric wrote:
Are we not supposed to vote to choose wich Wall rule we play ?
I vote for my rules.

Before purchase we have a Wall bid. It ils important to know what will be the set of rules and roll the news on the Wall.

Moebius vote for regular LC election un NWE and postpone to autumn in Wall expension. Do you really want different rule in NWE and Wall expension ?

Yes we will vote, I just made those pics to help clear the eventual misunderstandings that you guys could have about my version. It is difficult to represent what it is based only on text. I hope this will help.

I agree we need to vote before NW bid obviously.

I dont mind having 2 different set of rules in NWE and Wall expansion.
If the point of NWE is to make the game end faster, then i'd say why not.
Or we could say that it is autumn in the official rules, and add a variant that allows it in summer. Personally i would take always autumn for both NWE and Wall expansion if i have to play on table with some friends, because we all like longer games. Even if i dont understand people that would like this game to end faster, I think it is good to keep that possibility for them too, so everyone is pleased.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sdric
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
I was talking about the purchase, not your post Gunzilla.

Poll
What wall rules do we test ?
Sdric simple version
Gunzilla's vesrion
      6 answers
Poll created by sdric

LC commander élection
Poll
About LC commander (2 vote possible)
Same rule wall and NWE
Différent rule possible betweeen NWE and Wall
Autumn both expension
No restrictions both expension
No restriction NWE, Autumn Wall
      5 answers
Poll created by sdric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Alaiz
Spain
flag msg tools
Guys have you not realized yet that this discussion is taking over a PBF game?

The game is halted because we are not ready for playtest, we are still debating rules and voting let me remind you how we were supposed to run this to be efficient:

1- Rules are discussed and finalized in the google doc, not in the PBF, if something is to be socialized we discuss it in the variant thread.

2- We playtest with rules that are finalized and only debate here if something pops up that we did not foresee.

I did not take much interest int he wall expansion as you know because I will never be able to play it on table, the game is already too long as it is without it for all my test groups so I just cannot use it.

I will abstain from any further vote, I just want tog et this going so please propose a version and I will play whatever you propose but do it now, or I would vote to do another game with the normal NWE and give you another month to agree on a single wall expansion version to test.

Whatever you do I never agreed to modify at all any NWE or base ASoIAFief rules due to wall expansion and I will strongly oppose it so if itts simpler for you to have as much rules in common as possible with ASoIAF and NWE then go with whatever we already have (anytime elections not just autumn for example) but dont mess with what we already have tested please dont count at all with my votes from now onwards.

I purchase a Sept and an Archer and keep 1 GD
Next is Nico I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ScalpHell
France
Lestrem
Hauts de France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have 8GD Moebius?

For Baratheon, 6GD:
1Mill and 3Maa

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastien Castano
France
Montpellier
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
M0ebius wrote:
Guys have you not realized yet that this discussion is taking over a PBF game?

The game is halted because we are not ready for playtest, we are still debating rules and voting let me remind you how we were supposed to run this to be efficient:

1- Rules are discussed and finalized in the google doc, not in the PBF, if something is to be socialized we discuss it in the variant thread.

2- We playtest with rules that are finalized and only debate here if something pops up that we did not foresee.

I did not take much interest int he wall expansion as you know because I will never be able to play it on table, the game is already too long as it is without it for all my test groups so I just cannot use it.

I will abstain from any further vote, I just want tog et this going so please propose a version and I will play whatever you propose but do it now, or I would vote to do another game with the normal NWE and give you another month to agree on a single wall expansion version to test.

Whatever you do I never agreed to modify at all any NWE or base ASoIAFief rules due to wall expansion and I will strongly oppose it so if itts simpler for you to have as much rules in common as possible with ASoIAF and NWE then go with whatever we already have (anytime elections not just autumn for example) but dont mess with what we already have tested please dont count at all with my votes from now onwards.

There is no problem, for 3 reasons:

1/ Everything is ready for both versions, and we just have to vote for which one we will use in this PBF.

2/ I dont think we lost any time, as Nico just got back today, we couldnt have played more during the weekend.

3/ Wall expansion has some effect only starting in turn 2 (at least for mine, but i think also for Sdric's) so we are right on schedule.

cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastien Castano
France
Montpellier
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyhow,

Arryn's Purchase:

1 archer, 1 maa, 1 Mill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sdric
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
Please vote for the wall expansion.

Dear Daenerys,

If we can agree to not enter Tyrell's land and manage to elect me Warden of the West. I will pay you 3 GD for a wedding betweeen us. Unless you prefer to pay me 3 GD to see Jorah enter in the small council.

Mace Tyrell

If I can agree with Daenerys, then
2 Mills, 1 MAA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Alaiz
Spain
flag msg tools
sdric wrote:
Please vote for the wall expansion.

Dear Daenerys,

If we can agree to not enter Tyrell's land and manage to elect me Warden of the West. I will pay you 3 GD for a wedding betweeen us. Unless you prefer to pay me 3 GD to see Jorah enter in the small council.

Mace Tyrell

If I can agree with Daenerys, then
2 Mills, 1 MAA

Dear Mace

I can give you 1 GD right now plus another 2 next turn for that small council nomination.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sdric
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb

Dear Edmure,

I do not have objection that you become a member of the small council but that will probably not be with my support. Indeed, Tully can not be much to secure the Tyrell's border. The main reason to my proposal is to assure peace in my land.

Mace Tyrell

Dear Stannis,

Can we agreed on our mutual border. What is your main goal, warden of the crownland or your fief title ?
If you wish to be nominated warden of the crownland. I think we can agree that you occupy Bitterbridge this turn and myself the south of Dorne. We could then exchange later the control of Bitterbridge and a southern village.
Are you willing to sign a NAP for this turn and the next on this agreement.

Mace Tyrell

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Hernández
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

1 Sept + 1 MaA
1 Knight, 1 Archer and 1 MaA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sdric
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
ASSUMING DAENERYS AGREE WITH MY PROPOSAL

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Alaiz
Spain
flag msg tools
Sdric, I REALLY think that Targ should be pink and greyjoy black...soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ScalpHell
France
Lestrem
Hauts de France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Dear Stannis,
Can we agreed on our mutual border. What is your main goal, warden of the crownland or your fief title ?
If you wish to be nominated warden of the crownland. I think we can agree that you occupy Bitterbridge this turn and myself the south of Dorne. We could then exchange later the control of Bitterbridge and a southern village.
Are you willing to sign a NAP for this turn and the next on this agreement.
Mace Tyrell

Dear Mace,

I am agree for a NAP for this turn and the next only if Lady Daenerys and sir Edmure let me take Bitterbridge and if you take Yronwood.
Help me to become warden of crownland and I will help you to become Warden of South.

Stannis Baratheon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastien Castano
France
Montpellier
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
M0ebius wrote:

Totally agree, i saw the map and i was like... WTF?! Targaryen is in Deepwood motte???!! surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sdric
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
Gunzilla wrote:
M0ebius wrote:

Totally agree, i saw the map and i was like... WTF?! Targaryen is in Deepwood motte???!! surprise

I will change it for the next map, I choose black for Targaryen because of the unsullied.

For the pnp, we need to make unsullied with 2 color (one on each face) one red and one black then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [16] |