3 Posts

Virgin Queen» Forums » Rules

Subject: Naval transport and reinforcing a siege rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
England has Calais under siege with 3 French ships inside. No ships are in the North Sea, but England has 4 ships in the English Channel. So an assault is possible.

However England wants to reinforce his siege from Dover with a naval transport directly into Calais before trying an assault.

But from page 24 I don't think this is possible (see below):

Is there something I have missed about sieges, to make this naval transport possible, while the French ships are in the port? Possibly due to the superior English naval force?

I am Protestant, not France, so it would actually be a good thing for me if England gets Calais - but I want to get the rules right too

"3. End at Port: Formations end their naval transport by moving
to a port adjacent to the last sea zone they entered. That port must
conform to the following restrictions:
• The port may not contain any enemy naval units."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience"
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you answered your own question!

Based on the rule you cited the English would have to destroy the French fleet if he wanted to do a naval transport into Calais.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
I was more looking for confirmation, that I didn't miss a rule somewhere else. Also got that by someone in the game, that there is no more rules relevant to this situation .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.