Recommend
10 
 Thumb up
 Hide
278 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [12] | 

Escape from the Aliens in Outer Space» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: EftAiOS PBF#1 - Galilei - Round 6 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is going to be a basic game, using the Galilei map.

With 8 players, there will be: 4 Aliens and 4 Humans.

Objectives
Each Human player plays by himself, trying to be the first to reach one of the Escape Hatches. The Aliens try to work together and intercept the Humans before they reach an Escape Hatch.

PLAY

Movement
The game will be played over a series of rounds. During each round, starting with the First Player and going clockwise, each player must move his character. Your character type determines the distance you can move:
Humans move only one Sector
Aliens move one or two Sectors
You can never end your turn in the same sector you started in.
You must move every round.

Sector Types
Safe sector - White
Dangerous sector - Grey with corner dots
Alien starting sector - with antennas, L06
Human starting sector - with horns, L08
Escape hatches - numbered 1 to 4

Dangerous Sectors
If you end your move in a Dangerous Sector, you must draw a Dangerous Sector card (unless you are attacking another player, in which case no card is drawn).
There are three types of Dangerous Sector Cards:
• Noise in your sector - You must announce your current location by saying "Noise in sector X" where X is the coordinates of the sector you just moved into. (10)
• Noise in any sector - You may fake your position. You must announce "Noise in sector X" where X is the coordinates of any sector you choose. (10)
• Silence - You must announce "Silence in all sectors". (5)

Attacking (aliens only)
An Alien player may decide to attack at the end of his turn, after moving. If you attack, do not draw a Dangerous Sector Card, even if your move ends in a Dangerous Sector. Follow these steps to resolve your Attack:
1. Announce that you are attacking by saying "I attack in Sector X" where "X" is the coordinates of the Sector you just moved into.
2. If any player is also in that Sector, they must declare it. That player's character is automatically killed, whether he is Human or Alien, and that player is out of the game.
3. If the player is eliminated, he must discard any cards he may be holding. His character is also revealed to all
players.

End of the Game
The Basic Game ends when one of the following happens:
1. One of the Humans reaches an Escape Hatch Sector. That player leaves the ship and wins the game!
2. All Human players are eliminated before any can leave the spaceship: the Aliens win the game!
3. 39 rounds have been played before any Humans escape: the Aliens win the game!

ON YOUR TURN

If you are attacking
Choose your new location. Then post to the thread, "I attack in Sector X00". I will resolve as soon as I can; but other players are free to claim death/not on their own.

If you are not attacking
Send me a geekmail with the coordinates of your new location. If your new location is a safe sector, that's all I need. Then post to the thread, "Safe". If your new location is a dangerous sector, then you will also need to include in the geekmail what coordinates you want to announce if you draw a "noise in any sector" card. I will draw the card and provide results in the thread.

PBF STUFF

Bold your official actions in the thread so they will be counted. If you are mobile and formatting is hard, saying "boldly" or "bold" with your action will also count.

Mostly, I expect a 24 hour response time; excluding weekends.

Feel free to send me conditional orders for turns ahead of time (and update them however often as you like).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
EftAiOS PBF#1 - Galilei - Map
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
EftAiOS PBF#1 - Galilei - History
GEEKMAIL ME

ROUND 1
1. neuzd - Safe
2. courtjus - Safe
3. egburr - Noise in E08
4. ljtrigirl - Noise in K06
5. JarekWarsaw - Safe
6. mmazala - Safe
7. Billgrant - Safe
8. doctorbirdbirdster - Silence

ROUND 2
1. neuzd - Noise in M10
2. courtjus - Safe
3. egburr - Noise in N09
4. ljtrigirl - Silence
5. JarekWarsaw - Noise in O06
6. mmazala - Noise in K10
7. Billgrant - Noise in L10
8. doctorbirdbirdster - Silence

ROUND 3
1. neuzd - Noise in O08
2. courtjus - Noise in P06
3. egburr - Safe
4. ljtrigirl - Noise in O08
5. JarekWarsaw - Noise in P07
6. mmazala - Noise in O10
7. Billgrant - Safe
8. doctorbirdbirdster - Safe

ROUND 4
1. neuzd - Safe
2. courtjus - Safe
3. egburr - Safe
4. ljtrigirl - Silence
5. JarekWarsaw - Attack in O09
6. mmazala - Silence
7. Billgrant - Noise in M12
8. doctorbirdbirdster - Noise in H09

ROUND 5
1. neuzd - Safe
2. courtjus - Safe
3. egburr - Attack in H09
4. ljtrigirl - Noise in N10
5. JarekWarsaw - Attack in P10
6. mmazala - Noise in K12
7. Billgrant - Noise in N12
8. doctorbirdbirdster - Attack in K11

ROUND 6
1. neuzd - Safe
2. courtjus - Noise in R09
3. egburr - Noise in I11
4. ljtrigirl - Noise in O11
5. JarekWarsaw - Attack in O11
6. mmazala - Safe
7. Billgrant - Noise in L13
8. doctorbirdbirdster - Safe

ROUND 7
1. neuzd - Silence
2. courtjus - Safe
3. egburr - Attack in K11 - killed mmazala, human
4. ljtrigirl - Noise in Q05
5. JarekWarsaw - Noise in O13
6. mmazala - dead
7. Billgrant - Noise in K14
8. doctorbirdbirdster - Attack in L10

ROUND 8
1. neuzd - Noise in I11
2. courtjus - Safe
3. egburr - Attack in I11
4. ljtrigirl - Safe
5. JarekWarsaw - Silence
7. Billgrant - Safe
8. doctorbirdbirdster - Noise in L12

ROUND 9
1. neuzd -
2. courtjus -
3. egburr -
4. ljtrigirl -
5. JarekWarsaw -
7. Billgrant -
8. doctorbirdbirdster -
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Burr
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Blue meeples FTW!
badge
I'm so blue.
Avatar
mb
Re: EftAiOS PBF#1 - Galilei
I choose this ship!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigirl being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. Just don't lock clear her for tone. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably just be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: EftAiOS PBF#1 - Galilei
First!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigirl being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. Just don't lock clear her for tone. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably just be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: EftAiOS PBF#1 - Galilei
Dangit.

Second!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: EftAiOS PBF#1 - Galilei
I'm in
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Grant
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: EftAiOS PBF#1 - Galilei
In. And I completely forget how to play this.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: EftAiOS PBF#1 - Galilei
Billgrant wrote:
In. And I completely forget how to play this.

No worries. It's super easy.

I got most of the relevant rules at the top. I just need to add icon definitions, and also figure out the flow of playing this PBF.

I think it'll be something like:
- If you move into a safe sector, GM me your location, then you bold in thread "Safe." Next player goes.
- If you move into a dangerous sector, GM me your location, with a conditional for if you draw a "noise in any sector" card. I'll announce the noise, then next player goes.
- If you want to attack, you can bold "Attack in sector X" - and either: everyone responds "not present" or "present", or I can resolve it if I get there first.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Grant
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: EftAiOS PBF#1 - Galilei
nolemonplease wrote:
Billgrant wrote:
In. And I completely forget how to play this.

No worries. It's super easy.

I got most of the relevant rules at the top. I just need to add icon definitions, and also figure out the flow of playing this PBF.

I think it'll be something like:
- If you move into a safe sector, GM me your location, then you bold in thread "Safe." Next player goes.
- If you move into a dangerous sector, GM me your location, with a conditional for if you draw a "noise in any sector" card. I'll announce the noise, then next player goes.
- If you want to attack, you can bold "Attack in sector X" - and either: everyone responds "not present" or "present", or I can resolve it if I get there first.

Brilliant, thanks. The only thing I wasn't sure was which the dangerous sectors were (the white ones) so now I am all set.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: EftAiOS PBF#1 - Galilei
Billgrant wrote:
Brilliant, thanks. The only thing I wasn't sure was which the dangerous sectors were (the white ones) so now I am all set.

See "(SECTOR EXPLANATION COMING LATER)" =P

Though, the dangerous sectors are the GREY ones. The white ones are safe.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Holy shit, rebuilding your games collection is expensive!
badge
Phelanpt Feb 11, 2:15 PM: evils have mostly stood by and watch goods fall. except for emme. she's spinning them round and round.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: EftAiOS PBF#1 - Galilei
Innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn so innnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Lizard: Alliance??
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantin
Georgia
Samegrelo
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
Re: EftAiOS PBF#1 - Galilei
In in in!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Rinaldi
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Re: EftAiOS PBF#1 - Galilei
Looks like there's still one spot open. I really would like to play!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: EftAiOS PBF#1 - Galilei
neuzd wrote:
Looks like there's still one spot open. I really would like to play!

Welcome. I think with you, we're still waiting for one more.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghislain LEVEQUE
France
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: EftAiOS PBF#1 - Galilei
I'm in !
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: EftAiOS PBF#1 - Galilei
courtjus wrote:
I'm in !
Ghislain, long time
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: EftAiOS PBF#1 - Galilei
If you're looking for another. I'm in.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: EftAiOS PBF#1 - Galilei
slinkydink wrote:
If you're looking for another. I'm in.

We already filled up to 8. It's versatile enough that we can squeeze in another player by adding an extra Alien role. It's up to the others if they are fine with that.

I plan to get this going here either tonight or tomorrow.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: EftAiOS PBF#1 - Galilei
No worries. I'll join #2 when it gets started.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghislain LEVEQUE
France
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: EftAiOS PBF#1 - Galilei
Is the play order the same as the "join" order ?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: EftAiOS PBF#1 - Galilei
I meant to include your starting locations in your geekmails, but I missed it. You should be able to find where I describe sectors in the rules (pictures coming soon up there). Or the rulebook if my descriptions don't make sense.

Follow the section "on your turn" for how turns process.

This is the seating order, with starting player being the number that gets rolled with this post.

1. egburr
2. ljtrigirl
3. JarekWarsaw
4. mmazala
5. Billgrant
6. doctorbirdbirdster
7. neuzd
8. courtjus

Geekmail me if you have any questions!


Turn Order 1d8 = (7) = 7
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 795115. nolemonplease
  • 1d8 =
  • (7) =
  • 7
  • Turn Order
  • Fri Oct 9, 2015 10:17 am
Jarek
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: EftAiOS PBF#1 - Galilei
nolemonplease wrote:
Human starting sector - with antennas, L06
Alien starting sector - with horns, L08
Cait, I believe you've mixed those up. It's the other way around.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: EftAiOS PBF#1 - Galilei
Up first!

Marco Rinaldi
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: EftAiOS PBF#1 - Galilei
JarekWarsaw wrote:
nolemonplease wrote:
Human starting sector - with antennas, L06
Alien starting sector - with horns, L08
Cait, I believe you've mixed those up. It's the other way around.

Yeah. Probably. Double checking that was at the bottom of my to do list. Fixing...

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [12] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.