Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Arnold
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadows of Brimstone: Swamps of Death is $58.85 at Boardgame Warehouse, which is at least $6 less than anything on Boardgame Prices, $8 less than on Amazon and $2 less than any historical price according to CCC.

I'm tempted but worried about the assembly.

http://boardgamewarehouse.com/shadows-of-brimstone-swamps-of...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Held
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
This shark, swallow you whole.
badge
I'll catch this bird for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm currently putting them together myself for the same game-I personally think it's a pain in my behind. It's not overly difficult, but it's a several hour process (for me), and that's several hours too long. I've owned the game for over a month but since I'm so busy, I haven't gotten a chance to play it through yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
Yes, the assembly is a bit of a pain, and you need to make sure you have sprue cutters/ hobby clippers, and good glue.

But if you can invite over a friend, and do it together, or do it while watching your favorite show, or listening to a good podcast, the time goes fast.

It's a really fun game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
no laws on ceres.... just cops.
badge
what can change the nature of a man?
mbmbmbmbmb
The components in this game are pretty terrible, IMO, but it's fun. Way more fun than it deserves to be.

Fiddly, goofy, junk. But fun junk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
donovan loving
United States
Elgin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
So much to play
mbmbmbmbmb
I paid full price from my flgs back before father's day with full blessing the wife and kids (got zombicide s3 the same day...before dw realised the prices...) that said, I'd never owned a miniatures game which involved construction. So me and my trusty exacto set out to sever major arteries, and I managed to accomplish it within the hour, it opened the back of my index finger at the first knuckle. Enough of the fabric...

I really enjoy this game. Despite blood loss, and lots of glued fingers - I recommend zap a gap for efficient digital cohesion. My 7 and 9 year old kids are playing it with me and anxiously await our next adventure. They don't necessarily see the logic in some rpg decisions, so I have to guide them, but tossing dice and rerolls make it all palatable to the youth. The thing is great, and the whole environment is well thought out...not that I have much for comparison - first ed d&d and gammaworld forever in youth and 40k for several expensive months in my 20s are my experience in miniatures and rpg.

I am running a preacher (l3), and he levels 50% faster than the Indian Scout and law man of my kids (both l2). There is more than one thread on the sob bgg forum outlining how to slow down the preacher...fwiw. someone has a nice pdf there too for character sheets that I'm using to keep them orderly.

Now I only wish this was for the other base, city of the ancients, so I can get some more deep lacerations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh B
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
I still haven't had the courage to open my "free" copy from Book Depository - waiting on a good price for Ancients to double the future pain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ting Zhou
United States
Rowland Heights
CA - California
flag msg tools
mb
GlobeTrotting wrote:
I still haven't had the courage to open my "free" copy from Book Depository - waiting on a good price for Ancients to double the future pain.

I feel this game could be another “Dreadfleet" and you will certainly get the other copy for $50 on Black Friday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.