Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yeh Fang
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
I know there are white and black card backs, and I'm assuming some cards are double-sided (e.g. reference cards). Does anyone who already has the game have the distribution of each? Still don't have my game yet but I want to be prepared so I know how many of each type of sleeves to get (white/black/transparent).

I think they're something like the following?
61 Conjuration cards (black)
180 Non-conjuration cards (white)
20 reference cards (I assume double sided?)
6 Phoenixborn (not sure about these)

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
20 reference cards : that's right, 16 are 4x4 of the dice reference cards (I believe only one side matters). 4 are 4 copies that have turn references, not sure if both sides have information (I don't have them at the ready).

The Phoenixborn are two-sided, on one side is a full art display (they're phenomenal) of that particular Phoenixborn and on the other is the card with the statistics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Kester
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think all of the reference cards are double sided, but it's the same information on both side. So you could sleeve them in covered backs to separate them from others.

Feel free to do what you want for the Phoenixborn, they'll be face up the whole time on the table. Just don't sleeve them the same way that you sleeve the conjurations or regular cards.

I just sleeved everything in clear sides as both sides have pretty art.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Fritz
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ditto on the clear sleeves. The fact that the white and black backs are so meaningful and that the reference cards and Phoenixborn were double-sided led me to just go that way.

I believe your counts are accurate, though. PBs are double-sided.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Fuller
United States
Phenix City
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Straight for the rulebook:
6 – Phoenixborn Cards
241 – Spell/Unit Cards
4 – Phases of Play Reference Cards
16 – Dice Power Reference Cards

241 Spell/Unit Cards breaks down into 30x6 (10 cards with 3 copies each for each Pheonixborn) so 180 of those with white backs. The other 61 are the black backed Conjuration cards.

I also went clear sleeves as every bit of these cards is worth seeing. Plus having the black and white backs visible make setup really quick and any cards in the wrong deck (Draw vs. Conjuration Deck)are easily found simply by flipping the cards over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Reed
United States
Galloway
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You unquestionably want clear sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yeh Fang
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
I ended up doing a mix. My experience with games like this with lots of expansions is inevitably in a future set, cards will end up going to some printer that prints things in a slightly different shade so cards become marked if in clear sleeves. I went with 3 packs of kmc hyper mat white, 1 black, and 1 clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zaid
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
Preferred brand of clear sleeves? I'm thinking of sleeving my set, and I really would not dare cover the back of the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zaid wrote:
Preferred brand of clear sleeves? I'm thinking of sleeving my set, and I really would not dare cover the back of the cards.

The FFG clear sleeves are my favorite, but they're really large (lots of room around the cards) so some people don't like them as well. They'll feel way too slippery when you first put them on, too, but after a few games they'll wear in and your deck won't go sliding all over the place at the slightest provocation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yeh Fang
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
I generally like KMC Hyper Mat(te) sleeves because they are really consistent between packs (Mayday was notoriously bad at this), and FFG sleeves are nice but tend to be oversized. The Hyper Mats have a matte surface on the back so it's not super slippery and probably sticks a bit less. They also have clear ones. If you buy them, Potomac Distribution or Amazon has them for around $5-6 whereas they tend to be about $10 at FLGS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dex M
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zaid wrote:

KMC Hyper Mat Clear and in addition to that KMC Perfect Fit so you can double sleeve. You can use the remaining Perfect Fits for reference cards that will not get shuffled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.