Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
While I really like the paint jobs I have seen so far, I am REALLY hoping that Adam will have some definitive paint jobs for each of the figures in addition to the build instructions. That would really help many of us in figuring out the color schemes for some of the more complex figures...... Here's hoping!

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be happy if they just got the build site populated... Gotta build them before you can paint 'em.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
GO TO JAPAN!
badge
Artist: Shohei Otomo
mbmbmbmbmb
I initially felt the same way, but now that I have a couple figures under my belt, I rather enjoy the creative freedom of not having a ton of reference material. Still, it would be nice to have some material to compare to.

Just don't let reference material make you think that there's any wrong way to paint these figures. The important thing is that they do the job of turning your tabletop into a battleground. (/PSA)

Okay, now is build.kingdomdeath done yet? No? Dammit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Young
United States
Mount Vernon
Washington
flag msg tools
I would start with the painting guides in the gallery section of kingdom death they are fairly comprehensive of various techniques. Start with the architect the others build off of it as a foundation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicole Ryn
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
I don't know about you, but I consider this (http://www.belloflostsouls.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/01...) to be the definitive Phoenix, except for maybe the blue 'glow'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
reitoei wrote:

Probably at least a month away. Last Adam said it was intended to go up for the retail release not the early release and even then he was behind schedule on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
GO TO JAPAN!
badge
Artist: Shohei Otomo
mbmbmbmbmb
cormor321 wrote:
reitoei wrote:

Probably at least a month away. Last Adam said it was intended to go up for the retail release not the early release and even then he was behind schedule on it.

I actually talked to him at GenCon about this very thing... After our initial conversation, I realized I had forgotten something important, went back and said "Oh, and *please* have some write-ups about how to assemble these miniatures... We're going to need them."

He said "We already have the domain for it - open up the box, the first thing you'll see is build.kingdomdeath.com and you can go there for build instructions." At the time, it sounded like he meant for delivery of rewards, but then that could just be the ol' Poots clock talking.

I need to assemble the Butcher tonight for my Nemesis encounter - hope it's as intuitive as the Prologue sprue!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Elder
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
As for the Phoenix I've seen the black scheme a lot, but considering it's a Phoenix and the pictures on the armor and material cards, I feel like it should be red/yellow/orange/white. pg. 162 of the rulebook kinda shows this too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fuki Fino
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rakuall wrote:
I don't know about you, but I consider this (http://www.belloflostsouls.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/01...) to be the definitive Phoenix, except for maybe the blue 'glow'.

Holy crap that thing is even more disturbing when painted...those fingers! :o

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Bless the Maker and His water... Bless the coming and going of Him... May His passage cleanse the world...
mbmbmbmbmb
reitoei wrote:
I need to assemble the Butcher tonight for my Nemesis encounter - hope it's as intuitive as the Prologue sprue!

There are a couple of small snout-like pieces… one is a "bill" on his ball cap (ya know, spiked skull ), the other complete's the Shoulder Pig's snout. I initially struggled figuring out the "ball cap bill" part, but Shin Yagami's video showed me the light!

Other than that, it's a piece o' cake.

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Autumn Eldermoon wrote:
As for the Phoenix I've seen the black scheme a lot, but considering it's a Phoenix and the pictures on the armor and material cards, I feel like it should be red/yellow/orange/white. pg. 162 of the rulebook kinda shows this too.

Yeah, that link above looks more like a bald eagle. I like the fingers on the wings, but otherwise, eh. It's too easy to paint everything grey, black, and brown. I want to see some awesome saturated scary monsters!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.