Adam Mitchell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When the 2nd Edition of Betrayal came out, it included eight excellent new Haunts (along with small, but important rule changes to a few other Haunts)! To make room for these additions, however, it was necessary to eliminate eight of the existing 1st Edition Haunts. Most of the Haunts axed were flawed in some way, but the creator confirmed to me on a past thread that three of them: Haunt #'s 17, 19, and 31, were excised solely because they required too manly unique pieces. Tragically, all three were great Haunts, with #31 being arguably the best Haunt out of all 58surprise!

My group embraced the new Haunts, but was unwilling to give up the three great old ones (yes, that was a deliberate pun). Therefore we removed Haunt #24 and replaced it with Haunt #17 (Of course the Haunt Traitor condition changed to Peter Aikimoto or highest Knowledge).

With #19 and #31 we were more hard-pressed, since we liked most of the Spear Haunts, so we decided to split it fifty-fifty, replacing Haunt #39 with #31 half the time and #19 the other half of the time (the Traitor being the Haunt Revealer and left of the Haunt Revealer, respectively).

For those who only have the 2nd Edition, perhaps Mr. Glassco would be kind enough to allow these three Haunts to be added to the downloads here? They are dang good, and it would be nice if the 2nd Edition players had a chance to try them to, even if they will have to improvise when it comes to the tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Groff-Folsom
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2nd Edition owners already have access to the 1st Edition haunt books. They are the only ones available online.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Martin
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not simply roll a dice when you reach a 'contested' haunt versus having to get rid of one or the other? 0 you roll again, 1 you take one, 2 you take another. That way you keep the same stuff from before, but also can add in the new stuff without worrying about getting rid of ones you like?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Mitchell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave41fan, that's great! I knew the original Haunts had been posted online a few years ago, but I didn't see any of them posted in English on the list of downloadable items here. Did I miss them?

Rimewisp, one could do that, but I was fine with getting rid of most of the Haunts that were disposed of in the new Edition. I only wanted to keep #'s 17, 19, and 31 because they were so great and so much fun. Doing it the way I posted above allows me to retain those Haunts while getting rid of two that I don't particularly like, one because it is too simple and the other because it is too unbalanced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Groff-Folsom
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are not hosted here, but rather on the WotC site. They are linked in the Web Links:

https://boardgamegeek.com/weblink/72914/bahoth-updated-survi...
https://boardgamegeek.com/weblink/72915/bahoth-updated-trait...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.