roger cox
United States
Spartanburg
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have wanted to try the 4 player free for all (mentioned in the Dominion expansion but advised against) and after looking through the rule book, and most everything I could find online, I found nothing "official" from Wizkids. Moreover, when I did find a website that looked semi-professional, there was no address, phone number or e-mail address. Do these people WANT us to contact them? Most game companies put their address right on the box, or inside the rulebook. TSR used to put their phone number on every book and encourage call in questions. But these guys are like hermits. maybe some others of you have had better luck. All I want is the set up for a 4 player game using all the expansions for Fleet Captains.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Moore
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
This user loves Easter eggs.
mbmbmbmbmb
rogeracox wrote:
I have wanted to try the 4 player free for all (mentioned in the Dominion expansion but advised against) and after looking through the rule book, and most everything I could find online, I found nothing "official" from Wizkids. Moreover, when I did find a website that looked semi-professional, there was no address, phone number or e-mail address. Do these people WANT us to contact them? Most game companies put their address right on the box, or inside the rulebook. TSR used to put their phone number on every book and encourage call in questions. But these guys are like hermits. maybe some others of you have had better luck. All I want is the set up for a 4 player game using all the expansions for Fleet Captains.

Terrible terrible customer support. I emailed and sent pictures of broken ships and never got a response. Used the replacement app online. Never got a response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Scribner
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oliphant wrote:

Terrible terrible customer support. I emailed and sent pictures of broken ships and never got a response. Used the replacement app online. Never got a response.

Agreed. I've never encountered such awful customer contact as WizKids. They seem to actively prevent any public knowledge of how to contact their company. When I put together my action reference deck and intended to post it here on the Geek for others to enjoy, I wanted to exercise due diligence and contact Wiz Kids to see if I could get their permission to use some of their card art on the cards. After spending several hours scouring the internet in an attempt to find contact info, and sending emails and filling out automated forms on every website related to their products that I could find and hearing absolutely nothing for nearly two months, I finally gave up and just posted the reference deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Foster
United States
Malibu
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used their online form and had no trouble getting two, maybe three, broken/missing STAW pieces replaced. I can't speak for their other kinds of responsiveness, but my experience with parts replacement has been excellent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Moore
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
This user loves Easter eggs.
mbmbmbmbmb
Update to previous experience.

I met the folks from Wizkids at Origins 2017. Stephanie [press@wizkids.com] assured me that she is the one who is working on fixing some of communication issues. She put me in touch with WK.Replacements@gmail.com and made sure that i got the broken components from Dominion and Romulan expansions replaced.

In my case, these came broken in brand new unopened boxes and after taking pictures and trying to contact folks, nothing but crickets. I'm glad they now seem to be fixing this.

Thank you Stephanie and Wizkids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.