Dark Gothic» Forums » Rules

Subject: Character ability and shocking discovery rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Wilson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I have 2 questions if anyone can help.
Firstly, with regard to Heinrich Cartwright's character ability. It states that whenever you draw one or more crads during your turn you may draw one extra and then discard one. The way I read this is that this applies when drawing cards through card effects, and also when drawing up at the end of your turn. If this only applies when drawing during playing of cards, this would make this a very weak character ability compared to the others. Can anyone clarify?
Secondly, looking at one of the other posts, it suggests that shocking discovery cards are sent to the crypt with the dark secret card that brought it into play once it has been dealt with. This being the case, the shocking discovery deck will run out with 3 dark secret cards remaining to be drawn. What happens with the dark secret card if no shocking discovery can be drawn? Do they remain in your draw deck as a hindrance, and a minus 3 at the end of game (unless you can discard through a card effect), or do they simply discard to the crypt with no further effect from your hand when drawn?
Thanks in advance for any input.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RogueDave wrote:
Firstly, with regard to Heinrich Cartwright's character ability. It states that whenever you draw one or more crads during your turn you may draw one extra and then discard one. The way I read this is that this applies when drawing cards through card effects, and also when drawing up at the end of your turn.

Correct. You are technically drawing your hand back up during your turn. I occurs at the end of your turn inclusively, as opposed to after your turn or in between.
RogueDave wrote:
What happens with the dark secret card if no shocking discovery can be drawn?

It is simply destroyed with no other effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Wilson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
It seemed the only logical way to play it, but it's always good to get clarification. If that hadn't been the case, I would have made it house rule anyway.
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.