Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kurt R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
All life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
After trial and much error, I realized my best bet was to clip the bayonet as far away from it as possible (and closer to the sprue). Then, using nail clippers, I carefully clipped off the excess plastic.

Step 1 is to clip them like this. Then clean off the excess with clippers.

I had 100% success rate doing this. You have to be careful with the nail clippers but it worked on even very small pieces of excess sprue. If this method has already been mentioned, I didn't see it, but I wanted to post as this technique certainly would've helped me.

I also want to say that PSC has sent me a replacement sprue so I can redo the casualties I suffered, which is much appreciated.

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mário Sousa
Spain
Barcelona (currently)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't still clip my own game (lack of time and opportunity to play it) but I had a conversation with a friend of mine and he told me exactly the same. If I remember he only had problems with the first two, but then he caught it and no more problems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
All life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
mspider_89 wrote:
I haven't still clip my own game (lack of time and opportunity to play it) but I had a conversation with a friend of mine and he told me exactly the same. If I remember he only had problems with the first two, but then he caught it and no more problems.

Tell your friend he's several bayonets sharper than at least one person.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mário Sousa
Spain
Barcelona (currently)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
enzo622 wrote:
mspider_89 wrote:

Tell your friend he's several bayonets sharper than at least one person.

I think it's not just one person. From what I've reading here on BGG there were a lot of people with the same problem. I'm going to sound mean but I'm glad I haven't did it yet. I've learned with other's mistakes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rui Serrabulho
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
badge
You have to, at least from a distance, look as if you know what you're doing, and I can manage that.
mbmbmbmbmb
7 bayonets broken. One of them was already broken.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david harris
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I found that if you use a blob of blu-tack to support the figure and cut the bayonet free first there is a better chance of not breaking the bayonet.
It is still annoying though that the sprue is attached at the weakest point of the model.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed some bayonets seemed to be about 1/2 broken before I started to clip.

I did try keeping far from them and every pattern from cutting bayonet last to cutting it first to cutting a big chunk of sprue over an inch away from it. nothing worked every time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There needs to be some way to reinforce the bayonets... maybe some super glue dabbed on... ???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kduke wrote:
Indeed some bayonets seemed to be about 1/2 broken before I started to clip.

I did try keeping far from them and every pattern from cutting bayonet last to cutting it first to cutting a big chunk of sprue over an inch away from it. nothing worked every time.

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear that. Indeed, 2 of mine were broken on the sprue.

As more information, I was using these and I cut the base first and saved the bayonet for last:

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FZPDG1K?psc=1&redirect...

Your best bet is to email PSC and ask for replacement sprues and try again. Maybe another method will work for you.

Meantime you have a lot of letters to write to grieving families.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.